Job Title: Chief Risk Officer
Reports to: Board Risk Committee through the Managing Director
Client: Banking Institution
Salary: Excellent Package + Salary
Visa Type: Ghanaians (Home and Abroad) & Expatriates
- Oversee the implementation of the entire Risk policy framework of the Bank
- Key role responsible for the overall management of Credit Risk, Operational risk, Market Risk, Fraud risk and all other risk control units.
- Responsible for the ensuring the robust oversight and effective management of principal risk
- Work within impairment budget and ensure good quality of the portfolio is maintained in accordance with risk appetite.
- Strategically collaborate with business to ensure business strategic objectives are delivered within risk framework.
- Lead and drive direct reports. Also manage succession planning in teams
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A minimum of masters degree or its equivalent;
- Relevant work experience in a reputable organization;
- Sound knowledge of local banking laws and regulations;
- Fair knowledge of the Basel II Accord;
- Fair knowledge of international best practice guidance methodologies on Anti-money Laundering, Corporate Governance, etc.
- Risk Control Management experience.
- Evidence of experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Having Overall responsibility for the effective development, management and implementation of the Bank’s portfolio strategy
- Managing and ensuring optimality of the Bank’s Credit granting, approval, collection, monitoring and management processes
- Operate within approved lending discretion for Retail and and wholesale business
- Responsible for personal and teams adhearance to regulatory directives of lending controls by conforming to process and procedures
- Ensure value is added in operations teams.
- Achieving Bank-wide portfolio distribution loan quality standards
- Driving the Bank’s Basel II standards and ensure that the Bank maintains an above industry standard on Basel II compliance
- Ensuring that the quality of all Credit Officers remain competitive
- Ensuring the credit process achieves a zero tolerance on the TAT and delinquencies
- Advising the Bank on capital adequacy levels at every given time whilst ensuring that the Bank’s capital adequacy levels remains higher than industry/regulator benchmark
- Standardizing credit practice and culture.
- Ensuring the Bank manages its market risk model, keeping the Bank within the Basel requirements and above the regulator thresh
- Ensuing structures to manage and mitigate market risks are at all times in place
- Effective identification and control of market risk in line with risk appetite
- Evaluating, rating and managing the Bank’s overall operations risk environment
- Advising the Board on operational risk issues and strategies for ensuring operational risk achieves a zero tolerance.
- Ensure improvement and strengthening the fraud control framework by ensuring very strong systems are in place to prevent/ reduce fraud to the barest minimum.
Recoveries and Monitoring
- Pro-actively undertake positive and active management of the Bank’s problem lending portfolio to maximize recovery and capital efficiency.
- Effectively oversee the management of a varied portfolio of debt recovery situations, ensuring that wherever feasible economic debt recovery is maximized to ensure full repayment or to minimize loss for the Bank
- Coach team members in all aspects of their work and ensure that the team communication is open and ongoing.
- Build the capacity of the team through a robust performance management process, training and talent development
- Training and develop a highly motivated team of sector heads and team leaders.
- Any other duties that may be assigned to you by the Managing Director, the Board or their delegated officers
COMMUNICATIONS AND WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Board Risk Committee
- Managing Director
- Risk Management and Compliance Departments
- Business Unit Heads
- Business Unit Staff
- The Bank of Ghana (BOG)/ Regulator and government agencies
- External Auditors
- Vendors / suppliers
- Industry forums
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree
- Risk systems and operational processes
- In-depth knowledge in Market risk methodology and tools
- Regulatory reporting requirements
- General acceptance risk Principle
- Advance PC skills
- Project management
- Interpersonal skills
- Five to ten years banking experience.
information security responsibilities
- Abide with the Bank’s ISMS (Information Security Management Systems) policies and procedures
- Safeguard the Bank’s information assets in accordance with its ISMS policies and procedures