Job Title: Director, Commercial & SME Banking
Reports To: Divisional Director, Retail Banking
Client: Banking Institution
Salary: Excellent Salary + Benefits
2. JOB PURPOSE
To provide focus in business direction, support and advice to Retail Banking business to enable them achieve Commercial Banking sales and service targets .
Review and drive Commercial & SME Banking sales and service
Co-ordinate sales campaigns and activity
- Develop, co-ordinate and drive Commercial & SME Banking activities and strategy of the bank.
- Providing Commercial & SME Banking guidance on the overall and operation business plan and performance targets.
- Commercial SME Banking growth
- Required to deliver 50% of Retail Banking net income and net profit
4. KEY RESULT AREAS
- Preparation of Budgets, Business plans, Target Market studies, Risk Asset acceptance Criteria and strategy documents for the department consistent with Economic and Market conditions and the Bank’s overall strategy
- Manage progress against plans, reporting to Divisional Director, Retail Banking and other key stakeholders and work with colleagues to identify areas of improvement
- Evaluate , monitor, and control business performance against agreed performance targets and taking corrective action against significant deviations
SALES AND MARKETING
- Build and develop a high performing team through embedding performance development and coaching. Ensure that team members receive coaching and feedback in order to develop and achieve their maximum potential.
- Formulate strategic operations plans to achieve assigned Commercial Banking volume and revenue targets, through expansion of the bank’s deposit and saving base, and lending products.
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with key stakeholders and colleagues in own and other functions to deliver first class sales and service to customers.
- Responsible for servicing and developing the Small Business portfolio, building positive and profitable quality working relationships with potential and existing customers
- Drive the Commercial Banking Assets and Liabilities
- Ensure that remedial actions are taken when required to keep performance (NPL) in line with business objectives.
- Develop and implements suitable marketing and product strategies on assets, liabilities, transactional and alternate channel products .
- Develop and implement product and services and solicits new business prospects
COMPLIANCE AND CONTROL
- Achieve operational excellence in all aspects of procedures and processes undertaken to ensure satisfactory audit.
- Abide by the bank’s Information Security Management Systems policies and procedures
- Safeguard the bank’s information assets in accordance with its ISMS policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with operations risk requirements e.g. KYC and money laundering.
5. COMMUNICATIONS AND WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- BSSM’s & RSSMs
- Customer Care Team
- Relationship Managers
- Credit Analyst
- Hub Manager
- Competitor Institutions in the country
- Unit Heads within Retail Banking
- Unit Heads within other Business and Support Units
- Divisional Director, Retail Banking
6. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum first degree (A masters degree or higher qualification is desirable) with 10years relevant experience in Commercial & SME Banking
- In-depth knowledge in Retail Banking products and services.
- Excellent knowledge of all Retail Banking products, procedures and policies.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Good awareness of wider Bank issues and policies, particularly to Commercial & SME Banking customers.
- Thorough appreciation of Central Banks rules, regulations and procedures relating to Commercial & SME Banking
- Excellent marketing and sales skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal negotiation skills