- Support the FC in the preparation and completion of internal and external reports and returns
- Investigate budget variances in order to highlight any significant financial issues to budget holders
- Prepare, post and maintain journal entries including but not limited to prepayments and accruals
- Reconcile and review control proofs
- Review expense vouchers with regards to coding and costing
- Prepare the daily balance sheet tracker and carry out revenue assurance roles
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports and audits
- Contribute to ensuring a robust and fit for purpose control environment for financial controls and identify process enhancements that will both strengthen the control environment and improve operational efficiency
- Previous experience of using Ms Word, Ms Excel, Ms Outlook with accurate data inputting skills
- Exposure to Auditing and Financial Control in Banking preferred
- Excellent inter-personal skills with an ability to communicate at all levels, including effective and clear verbal communication by telephone, face-to-face and written communication, letters, emails and reports
- A good team player with excellent planning and organisational skills, demonstrating an ability to work on own initiative, to organise and prioritise own workload, adhering to agreed deadlines.
- Have a flexible approach to work with an ability to handle multiple projects.
- Ability to work long hours
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience required
Be educated to a degree level (or equivalent) and be a qualified member or Finalist of ICA, ACCA or CIMA