Head, Credit Administration & Monitoring
Supervise the maintenance of the entire documentation associated with all credit applications, credit support, control systems and other practices necessary to manage the outstanding risk assets of the Bank to normal repayment and to properly and effectively monitor credit risk
- Monitoring the asset book to minimize loan loss.
- Booking of loans and setting up limits on accounts
- Deducting fees for loans, overdrafts and guarantees upfront thus creating additional income for the bank.
- Safeguarding the Bank’s security documentation
- Disbursement of approved banking facilities whilst ensuring that all terms and conditions of approved facilities are met.
- Post approval/disbursement monitoring
- GL reconciliation, income/revenue assurance
Knowledge,Skills & Experience Required
- University degree (preferably in Finance/Accounting) or a relevant professional qualification with at least seven (7) years’ experience in a related role.
- Good credit analysis skills.
- Proactive problem solver with excellent credit and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail and multitasking abilities
- A result oriented team player, honest, and of high integrity
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Knowledge of the Bank’s credit policies and procedures
- Knowledge of credit in general
- Knowledge of Central Bank’s regulatory requirements on lending and reporting
- Knowledge of credit administration, loan documentation and credit monitoring
- Good communication/interpersonal and presentation skills
- Computer literacy with proficient in Microsoft suite and also familiar with the Bank’s credit software
Key Result Areas
- Ensuring that all conditions precedent for credit facilities are in place and the necessary deferrals/waivers sought from Management Credit Committee, prior to Head, Credit Management and Head, Legal signing off for disbursement of all credit facilities.
- Provide required information to the Credit Reference Bureaus
- Supervise the Credit Administration team to ensure adherence to good credit administration practices
- Provide training for Business Units & coaching for Credit Risk Management staff on credit related topics
- Conduct monthly & quarterly portfolio reviews
- Provide information to Bank of Ghana’s Collateral Registry
- Provide information to Finance Department to assist in the preparation of monthly/quarterly reports to Bank of Ghana e.g. provisioning reports etc.
- Liaise with Finance Department to provide information to the Bank’s external auditors/BOG examiners.
- Critically examine all security documentation for completeness.
- Booking credit facilities in the Bank’s software immediately after receipt of approved Availment/Offering Ticket.
- Ensuring that all related processing & facility fees/commissions have been levied on all disbursed facilities and the appropriate interest rates applied.
- Follow up with Business Units and branches to ensure that all requirements advised in offer letters and credit applications approvals are satisfied.
- Manage the MIS to support the Credit Risk Management activities of the Retail, Corporate and Investment Banking Credit Teams.
- Monitor data integrity in Flexcube to ensure that data held within MIS for respective portfolios is correct i.e. interest rates, amounts, tenor etc.
- Collate relevant and up-to-date information for use by Head, Credit Risk Management/Corporate & Investment Banking/ Retail Banking as well as Bank of Ghana and internal/external audit teams
- Monitor and control the Credit Risk Management Team diary system
- Complete monthly returns and reports as may be required
- Ensure maintenance and safety of all credit information.
- Ensure that liens are placed on all deposits held as security.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by Head, Credit Risk Management such as appraising credit applications, reviewing Product Papers and preparation of quarterly board credit report etc.
- Manage the Credit Administration team to handle daily administration for loan documentation in full compliance with the internal standards and external regulatory requirements
- Review loan documents and liaise with internal and external parties to ensure proper and efficient delivery of credit administration duties
- Conduct periodic review of loan administration policy and procedures to streamline workflow
- Control the recording, deposit and withdrawal of the security documentation properly
- Ensure that there is a robust process for the safe custody and control of all security documents
- Ensure compliance with the internal policy, credit approval terms and conditions regulatory ratios / policies etc.
- Responsible for collateral valuation, collateral monitoring and collateral reconciliation with original documents.
- Ensure that approval from relevant authorities is held for deferral / waiver of incomplete documentation
- Ensuring post disbursement compliance with approved terms and conditions, assignment of rights, review expiry of credits, progress payment insurance etc.
- Review daily system credit monitoring and management reports and identify non- performing accounts with irregularities and proactively follow-up to ensure corrective action is taken in line with credit policy.
- Monitor all irregularities, past dues, documentation deficiencies, etc., and report to Executive Management/Management Credit committee
- Ensure that all credit files has been well segregated into their various compartments and filed alpha numerically