Head, Human Resources
- Head, Resourcing & Engagement
- Head, HR Service Centre
- Head, Learning and Development
- Head, Talent Management
- Head, HR Business Partner Head Office
General Working Conditions:
Standard working conditions.
- To manage responsibilities of directing Bank Human Resources Management with objective of successfully and strategically integrating workforce planning, acquisition, development, assignment, and measurement which support Bank people agenda
- To represent the interests of individual entities in alliances with external HR solutions partners, and Employee Union Organisations and anchors various initiatives and projects aimed at improving the Company’s operations and bottom-line performance through the effective deployment and utilisation of the workforce.
- Develop and maintain the Human Resource initiative within Bank’s Strategic Plan; including the Bank’s agenda on employee relation, hiring, and retention.
- Create and implement HR programs that support business objectives including competitive compensation and benefits programs, HR policies and guidelines, regulatory compliance programs, organizational development programs, payroll administration and employee record management policies.
- Ensure the articulation and development of high impact capability development and human performance improvement strategies aligned with the bank’s overall strategic direction, and within the context of the specific performance aspirations and business plans obtained from reviews of business/individual performance reports, discussions and interactions with management and employees
- Develop the recruiting and retention strategy for Bank, extending to candidate assessments etc
- Prepare department budgets and monitor compliance to budget
- Drive Change Management efforts on major corporate and entity level projects and business initiatives
- Act as consultant to management on sensitive employment issues, including disciplinary action and terminations with support of legal counsel where applicable.
- Create and manage the Performance Management framework for Bank i.e. design and measure effectiveness of the performance review tools, training pipelines, and annual salary planning to management
- Lead annual performance management activities (i.e. performance planning/target setting, performance monitoring and periodic performance appraisals); ensure employee performance results adequately reflect corporate and departmental performance levels.
- Participate in periodic meetings of EXCO, Disciplinary committee, etc
- Towards ensuring business continuity, ensure the development of a well-formulated and effective succession planning framework (to include e.g. career growth opportunity identification, as well as the targeted development of high-flyers at all levels).
- Ensure compliance with all employment laws in Ghana and Institution Bank policies.
- Coordinate periodic internal organization effectiveness and culture climate surveys to obtain feedback on areas including adequacy of employees’ understanding and alignment with the business strategic direction, specific departmental objectives, business issues and risks, general staff morale, management style and the overall culture of the organization; initiate programs to address issues so identified.
- Complete internal control tasks, such as completing required governmental reports, monthly payroll audits, and ongoing reviews of other HR reconciliations.
- Effectively manage available HRIS system.
- Ensure the implementation of comprehensive, accurate and adequate Personnel information (through a modern Human Resource Information Management System) for employee decision-making efforts.
- Direct and implement employee engagement and retention programs such as Service Awards, and other promotions.
- Manage Bank Organisational Culture based on defined values and standards as it affects the bank’s reputation
- Prepare periodic management reports detailing performance of department
- Supervise activities of department members and provide coaching, mentoring and training as appropriate
- Monitor/manage performance of subordinates against pre-assigned goals and conduct performance appraisals as required
- Monthly staff payroll details – Monthly
- HR report reflecting – Recruitments, exits, major HR policy change and implementation – Monthly
Key Performance Indicators
- Department/Unit expenses vs. budget
- Staff cost ratio vs plan
- Customer Net Promoter Score (Internal customers)
- Employee Net Promoter Score (All employees of bank)
- Audit rating
- Target staff training Hrs
- Disciplinary issues closed
- Retention rate of high performers
- Time to fill vacancies
- Complaints resolution TAT
- • Variance to agreed contract SLA (TAT)
- • Conduct competency assessment and gap analysis for all staff
- Professional Attributes
- Business Knowledge
- Personal Attributes
- Leadership Skills
- Knowledge of HR Policies
- Ghanaian Labour Laws
- Change Management
- Workforce Performance Management
- Recruitment and Selection
- Organization Design/ Development
- Training and Development Management
- HR Strategy Definition
- HR Policy Formulation
- Employee Relations Management
Qualifications & Certifications
- • A University degree in Human Resource Management/Organizational Development or other related disciplines.
- • Post-graduate and/or professional qualification is required.
- 8 – 10 years working experience with a minimum of 4 years at supervisory level, within the Banking industry.