Job Title: Manager, Liability Products
Client: Financial Services Institution
Salary: Competitive Salary Package + Benefits
To grow low cost deposits and maximise revenues for the Bank (especially derived from deposits and commissions). Accountable for the achievement of performance targets of the Liability Products through an effective cost management. Responsible for setting up the Bank Liability Products overall strategy and ensure disciplined execution across the network.
To develop and manage Liability Products for the Banking Group to drive revenue growth and to ensure that clients are serviced in an effective and efficient manner.
To work with the coverage teams in coordinating effective marketing strategy for deposit mobilisation efforts and initiatives
To ensure a strategic and coordinated product development & sales focus, servicing the CASA product needs of both existing and new business clients as well as the reporting of all CASA activities to relevant stakeholders.
To design and manage deposit gathering programs to drive liability growth
This position is responsible for strategy execution, business development, revenue generation, efficiency improvement and overall business process management and leadership.
Business & Financial
- Responsibility over the public sector business within the Group working with Product house to deploy eGovernment solutions for the Group clients
- Key objective is to primarily ensure a strong and sustained volumes of Non-Interest Income, Low Costs Deposits mobilization, and ultimately to manage Public Sector sales/revenue and profitability momentum
- Prepare & deliver on budget planning process for the Unit and outline strategies for achieving the budget
- To deliver the Group CASA products to customers in the most efficient and cost-effective way using appropriate technology, whilst closing product gap versus competitors.
- Lead Liability Products and sales focus on payments & collections to expand the Group customer base and grow market share of Liability Products, generating a significantly enhanced base of low-cost liabilities for the Group
- Develop and execute an innovative product origination, implementation and delivery plan that positions Group’s payment & collection products in a leading stance in the marketplace.
- Develop innovative based CASA Products
- Lead gap analysis and ensure a high cross-sell of Group cash Products and Solutions.
- Developing close and effective contacts with key clients.
- Identify and evaluate potential revenue opportunities in existing and new markets
- Develop and continually expand the target market of Liability Products, working actively with CIB Cash, Account Managers and IT & Ops.
- Ensure efficient and accurate product management financials, volume, trend and variance analysis.
- Actively update and monitor the deal pipeline for growth.
- Ensuring effective cross sell with product partners and specialists in driving Liability Products revenue.
- Identify customer needs based on customer interaction and interface with Account Managers.
- Drive customer service excellence Initiatives
- Drive and sustain a customer-centric business culture, leveraging on people and technology
- Ensure Implementation of all action plans from Customer perspectives
People Management & Development
- Motivating and managing the Team to generate business for new accounts and develop them to achieve consistent profitability through a clear process of target settings.
- Supervise and direct the team to deliver value proposition, including platform, credit &Liability Products
- Encourage and foster a congenial working environment to enable the Team to achieve through teamwork and operational efficiency.
- Govern direct reports with account strategies and account problem resolution
Process, control and operational performance
- Identification and marketing strategies/opportunities that will assist in the Group sales process
- Run weekly & monthly sales process, account planning and pipeline reporting
- Prepare reporting and financial returns as required with Finance partner
- Conduct periodic strategy, surveys, collate and analyse results, draft and implement action plans for sales
- Provide overall Cash Business updates to the Group Executive and all stakeholders
Job Profile / Requirements:
Experience & Qualifications
- At least 12 years sales and managing experience, preferably in Commercial Banking/ CIB/ with an experience in the Liability Products/CASA.
- Ability to structure transactions.
- Ability to interact and negotiate with the client organization at the global decision- making level;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in relevant languages to the accounts
- Ability to pull together various resources to sell and deliver customer solutions;
- Results and Leadership driven;
- Inclusive, flexible, internationally savvy and sensitive to client culture.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field of study.
- Strategic mindset – decision making ability to consider both short term and long-term objectives
- Dynamic, innovative self-starter with a personal ambition to succeed
- Bilingual (English/French) as an advantage