Job Title: Strategy and Execution Manager
Reports to: Managing Director
Client: Banking Institution
Salary: Excellent Package + Salary
Visa Type: Only Ghanaians (Home and Abroad)
- To support the MD in all aspects of the business and strategic management ensuring effective management of the business. This includes working with the MD’s Executive Committee to ensure that requests from the MD are delivered.
- The role holder is responsible for all MD staff related activities e.g. design of key reports/ presentations/ templates, communications, office management and project tracking/reporting.
- Support the MD who has the overall accountability for the Bank and a significant mandate to expand the brand.
- In addition, the role holder will also be accountable for special projects assigned by the MD. These projects will provide scope for leading virtual teams and will provide an opportunity to gain greater hands-on exposure to the country operations.
- Role holder will also be responsible for tracking business intelligence, advising and reporting to the MD
- Understanding of own role in the end-to-end processes in which you play a part, including applicable risks and controls.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Relevant work experience in a reputable organization;
- Sound knowledge of local banking laws and regulations;
- Business intelligence
- Fair knowledge of international best practice guidance methodologies
- Evidence of experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
- Project management
- Good communication and inter personal skills
- Good team building and supervisory skills
- Experience in Microsoft Word & Excel
- Ability to think strategically, plan, and communicate with large disparate numbers of people
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Support the Managing Director to deliver business growth by providing value-creating business back-office support.
- Develop advanced knowledge of emerging markets, including industry trends, competitor information, industry services and solutions and their impact on industry clients
- Understand Banking operating policies and procedures necessary to ensure appropriate organizational decision-making protocols are understood and followed.
- Assist MD in relationship building with various stakeholders, regulators and key constituencies.
- Builds Industry networks to increase communication/knowledge sharing & disseminate valuable insights
- Collaborate with other business units in management information reporting.
- Plan key committee and board meetings, including tracking, monitoring and follow-up on the progress of projects, action items, strategies that emanate from MD’s office, management committee, etc.; board presentations, prepare agendas, develop memos, management reports, communication, correspondence
- Work with Executive Assistant to the MD to ensure accuracy of calendar, review mail and draft responses as appropriate, or forward to the appropriate person for response and/or reply.
- Coordinate/lead business performance review meetings
- Oversee business-wide initiative coordination regarding strategic initiatives.
- Critical issue management and follow up with businesses and support functions on behalf of the MD.
- Create strong relationships with the MD’s direct reports and across the business in order to create smooth working relationships and efficiencies.
- Follow up on agreed targets on income and expenditure with businesses.
- Ensure timely and consistent best execution of initiatives and business as usual activities within personal accountabilities.
- Develop monitoring tools to drive execution of business initiatives.
- Ability to develop visions and translate into strategies and operational delivery.
- Identify opportunities for cost savings and efficient delivery of Bank business model.
- Actively participate in joint venture negotiations and or entry into new emerging markets: due diligence, integration and accelerated capture of benefits of newly formed venture.
- Ensure improvement and strengthening the fraud control framework by ensuring very strong systems are in place to prevent/ reduce fraud to the barest minimum.
COMMUNICATIONS AND WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Board Risk Committee
- Managing Director
- Business Unit Heads
- Business Unit Staff
- The Bank of Ghana (BOG)/ Regulator and government agencies
- External Auditors
- Vendors / suppliers
- Industry forums
Knowledge, Expertise and Experience Essential
- Skilled communicator at a wide variety of levels and capabilities.
- 3-5years management experience,
- Ability to envision the strategic direction of the leadership team, see connections and devise communications that build broad support to deliver those elements.
- Able to work successfully in different cultures in a sensitive manner in order to create strong relationships with senior leadership.
- A high degree of discretion, prioritization, and project management skills, as well as the ability to influence and reach amicable and successful solutions.
- Strong and demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, in particular to deliver strong presentation skills
- High energy level and good judgment.
- Ability to clearly & concisely present concepts to senior management
- Analytical, business and financial literate, detail oriented, organized, and able to juggle multiple tasks and timelines.
- Strong leadership skills with proven experience of creating an overall improvement in performance and productivity.
- Politically astute and able to understand the dynamics of large, complex organizations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree; Master’s in Business Administration or relevant discipline.
- Change management
- Project management