Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
• Develop features across multiple subsystems within our applications, including collaboration in requirements definition, prototyping, design, coding, testing and deployment
• Understand how our applications operate, are structured, and how customers use them
• Provide engineering support when building, deploying, configuring and supporting systems for customers
• Participate with the engineering and operations teams to define plans for standardizing, scaling and enhancing our products and the services utilized to deploy/install/release those products
• Investigate, analyze and make recommendations to management regarding technology improvements, upgrades and modifications
• Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
• Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
• Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
• Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
• Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
• Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Supports and develops software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or
similar technical discipline; or, equivalent demonstrable experience.
• 5+ years of experience as a software engineer; demonstrated success developing a
variety of software systems while taking on increasing responsibility for analysis, design,
implementation and deployment tasks
• Considerable experience in developing data-driven applications utilizing significant relational database engines as part of the overall application architecture (experience with any or all of the following highly desirable: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server)
• Proficiency developing and troubleshooting complex software systems that run in mixed-environments including Linux, UNIX and/or Windows on desktop, server, tablet, and mobile systems
• Writing scalable, globally distributed applications
• UI and human-computer interaction design
• Enterprise application integration