Job Title: Director, Multinationals Corporates
Client: Financial Services Institution
Salary: Competitive Salary Package + Benefits
To direct, build and manage the multinationals Corporates (Energy & Power, and Mining and Global & Regional corporates businesses of the bank.
To develop, recommend and deploy a robust and sustainable business model for the division along the following lines:
- Product development
- New business acquisition & retention
- Customer segmentation and service
- Competitive pricing schemes
- Delivery channels & distribution systems for this specific customer segment.
- Business growth
- Required to deliver 30% of the bank’s net income and net profit
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
Education & Qualifications
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration or related field
- Good banking background with an area of expertise – ideally relationship management with respect to multinationals, Energy & Power and Mining businesses.
- 10 years progressive professional experience in the area of trade finance and/or institutional/corporate banking relationship management
- Successful track record across all areas of multinational corporates businesses
- Good understanding of the Ghanaian Corporate landscape
- Excellent track record of executing strategy for high growth across corporate clients.
- Strong selling and negotiation skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills at all levels
- Good credit analysis skills
- Good presentation skills
- Team creation and co-ordination skills to mobilize and manage product specialists
- Leadership skills
- Unquestionable integrity
- Ability to think creatively and identify innovative solutions
- Strong competitive awareness
- Advance IT Literate
Key Result Areas
- Understand the overall strategy of the Bank and how the strategy of Corporate Banking feeds into the Bank’s vision.
- Develop and nurture strategic relationships with the clients to ensure that the strategy and business objectives of the client and the Bank are achieved.
- Understand the needs of target clients and accordingly cater to those requirements
- Accountable for the multinational, Energy & Power, Mining, Global & Regional businesses in Ghana integrating and co-coordinating all the Bank products, services and resources in order in order to maximize the value of the business relationship and ensure profitability for the Bank as well as the clients.
- Monitor and manage existing credit relationships in the target segment
Sales and Service
- Advise and direct how the finances of multinational Corporates businesses should be structured in the short-term medium and long term.
- Grow the multinational business portfolios profitability by identifying new and existing customer potential including sales opportunities and new product promotion initiatives.
- Proactively research competitive threats/opportunities within the target segment
- Communicate all key messages to customers including agreed service standards, negotiated pricing, relationship team contact points (including introductions to new personnel) and new product changes.
- Keep customers advised on the expected ‘delivery date’ for product/credit applications.
- Monitor and ensure adherence to risk service standards.
- Identify barriers to business development that emanate from sales and service delivery dissatisfaction, and develops strategies to overcome these problems with the relevant members of the team and the client
- Ensure that client confidence is supported by solid delivery of expected benefits, such as cost-efficient finance, improved efficiency of financial administration, and reliability of required service standards.
- Develop and maintains a detailed knowledge of industry sectors within the customer portfolio.
- Control and manage the risk profile for the overall division
- Manage performance of the team against key financial (risk-adjusted contribution) sales, service and operational targets.
- Devise an effective customer segmentation system to define the division’s multiple customer groups for strategic and tactical decision making, geared at improving service and building profitable customer relationships.
- Utilize information management systems and processes to pre-empt selling opportunities and identify opportunities and threats to Clients and the Bank.
- Effectively use this knowledge to continually provide information to ensure that the products and services of the Bank meet the needs of the Client and stay abreast with global best practice.
- Develop customer relationship plans for customers in portfolio.
Client Profitability and Risk Management
- Maintain conformance to the Bank’s risk policies and procedures.
- Monitor markets and pre-empt risk for both the client and the Bank.
- Demonstrate general understanding of all areas of risk associated with Corporate Banking clients, products and services. Draw on this information and input from reliable sources and networks to decide on strategies to meet their needs to establish a sound relationship for further business and protect against loss of key clients to competitors.
- Work closely with the Credit Dept to initiate business deal proposals for new facilities, or facility modifications that require the assessment of credit or other risk, and motivates the deal with insightful information regarding business strengths and vulnerabilities.
- Contribute intimate knowledge of the client, to the function of risk assessment, and provide insights into mitigating or cautionary factors to the risk assessment specialists
- Proactively and quickly identify potential problem accounts and formulate appropriate risk mitigating strategies.
- Fully accountable for the relationship with the Client, across all hierarchical levels.
- Identify a “champion” within the Client’s business and fosters the relationship to ensure leading edge information about the Client’s business objectives, opportunities and threats.
- Establish credibility and overall profitability for the Bank and the Client by the skilful application of specialist knowledge to deal with diverse Client environments and provide qualified leads to relevant areas within the Bank e.g. Treasury, Trade Services.
- Appropriately balance technical input and marketing skill to address Client business environment and needs.
- Introduce specialist skills on specific products and product mix at the appropriate time and level in order to create solutions, which effectively satisfy Client needs.
- Build relationships across all hierarchical levels within and outside the Bank in order to develop a credible and relevant network, to ensure leading edge financial and market information.
- Coach Heads of business units in all aspects of their work and ensure that the team communication is open and ongoing.
- Ensure that the Divisional Director, Corporate Banking is up to date with the Client’s existing business and possible opportunities and risks; personal and business needs and preferences.
- Understand the budget and target setting process of Corporate Banking and provide relevant and accurate input into this process.
- Understand and conform to the financial management processes and procedures of Corporate Banking.
Communications and Working Relationships
- Existing and potential Corporate clients
- Banking Regulators
- Officials of industry players
- External auditors
Information Security Responsibilities
- Abide by the bank’s ISMS (Information Security Management Systems) policies and procedures
- Safeguard the bank’s information assets in accordance with its ISMS policies and procedures