Key aims and objectives
As part of the FPSO Telecom Systems Upgrade Project; to achieve the following objectives:
· VSAT Satellite Telecommunications upgrade.
· O3B Medium Earth Satellite system installation.
· Internet Security fire wall installation.
· DCS upgrade (Computer hardware, Windows 7 upgrade and Yokogowa software).
· Connectivity to onshore systems: Video Conferencing / WiFi / etc.
Prime responsibilities and duties
· Technical assessment of FPSO telecoms systems (DCS/VSAT/Security/Network Connectivity/related).
· Provide input to Statement of Requirements, Scope of Work (Concept, FEED, Detailed Design, etc.), Estimates, Schedules and Call-Offs from Vendors for the design upgrade of telecoms systems (DCS/VSAT/Security/Network Connectivity).
· Provide guidance on technical/commercial bid evaluations and “Recommendation for Awards” on behalf of Client.
· Carry out Offshore Surveys as required.
· Coordinate and manage Engineering Activities, Tasks and Deliverables including Third-party Vendors scopes.
· Assist with related procurement activities such as CBE, TBE, POs, Inspections (FATS) and Expediting.
· Liaison with Tullow; Technical Authority as well as all related disciplines.
· Reporting to Tullow management.
· Training (Learning and Development) to Junior Engineers.
· Promote strong motivation, moral and ethical behaviour.
· Act on behalf of COMPANY.
· BS degree Telecom related Engineering (Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation, Control Systems).
· Must have minimum 10 years of operations / engineering / commissioning experience working on facility/plant.
· Experience in oil and gas projects (FPSO a plus) and at least 3+ years in Lead Engineer role.
· Good knowledge in the IT, Telecommunication and Cyber security systems infrastructure & architecture.
· Understanding of telephoning systems (IP phone, PAGA, hotline and etc.), radio communication systems, PABX system, CCTVs, Structured Cabling System and IT system configuration.
· Experience with the design, installation and commissioning of Satellite Systems such as VSAT and O3B Medium Earth.
· Ability to select equipment’s required for telecom system required for Oil & Gas Industry.
· Complete understanding of the engineering documents associated with IT, Telecommunication and Cyber security systems (including International Standards).
· Complete understanding of field construction, sequence of events, how to track progress, how to verify proper installation, and equipment checking.
· To understand company HSSE practices, policies and procedures, including the impact of telecom equipment and operations as well as familiarity with Industry Standards.
· Basic Contractual and Commercial awareness.
· Excellent communicator in both written and spoken medium.
· Good training and mentoring skills.
· Team player.