Company & Job Description
Facilities Manager Job (Solar Products), Ghana
Recruitment specialist, BJ Global Limited by Antal International Network, UK is recruiting on behalf of a global leader in solar products. Our respected client is seeking a licensed engineer with at least 10 years’ experience in facility management operations for the job of Facilities Manager. The job is based in Ghana – Accra.
Key job responsibilities include:
• Manage design, planning, construction and maintenance of equipment, machinery, buildings, and other facilities.
• Plans, budgets, and schedules facility modifications, including estimates on equipment, labour, materials and other related costs.
• Designs and develops organizational policies relevant to the facilities department.
• Oversees the coordination of building space allocation and layout, communication services and facilities expansion.
• Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
• Global facilities support for module manufacturing operations located in other countries
• As leader of site facilities, engage the company facility staff and contract employees in meeting ESH goals
• Lead site facilities group and provide facilities services to various occupants of the Site
• Jointly accountable for the SPF2/SPMM manufacturing cost goals and road maps
• Demonstrate added value to SPS, Kaizen and other quality related programs on a continuous basis.
• Develop challenging goals and targets employing Sun Power’s talent tool box system for Facilities Department, and meet TTB timelines at all times with metric based evaluation.
• Facilities Budget and Expense Planning
• Interaction with other departments for the overall operation & development and project expansion of SPML (SPF2/SPMM).
• Engagement with contractors, vendors, suppliers and other external parties should be guided by code of ethics at all times.
• Represent the company where needed or authorized in a professional manner, without disclosing confidential information.
• Interact with Tool vendors and provide technical support for the completion of projects/tool install.
• Ensure compliance of internal controls/audit findings and, corporate/ local government, National/International Environmental and Safety requirements
• Provide strategic/tactical direction to staff and management team on attainment of Company goals and objectives.
• Responsible for the installation and coordination with local and foreign contractors in the implementation of plans, commissioning and start-up of Facility machineries and equipment
• Formulate, monitor and control of Facility department operating expenses.
• Lead, motivate, manage and develop high performing Facility staff.
• Encourage teamwork at all levels and between departments and remain accessible at all times.
• Contactable on a 24X7 basis thru company provided communication tool.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the immediate superior.
• Complies at all times the Environment, Health and Safety and Manufacturing Quality standards, rules and regulations
• Licensed Engineer (Mechanical/Electrical Engineer) preferred
• Ten 10 years’ experience in facility management operations
• Has the ability to communicate effectively
• Good presentation skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Applications such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word
Closing Date: 6th of May, 2016.