ROLE: GENERAL MANAGER
We are looking for a dynamic, bottom line driven sales and general management executive to lead our business operations in Ghana & West Africa. He/she will be responsible for overall management of our operations with a focus on sales of solar panels and solar products produced in our PV Plant factory with application of sustainable management practices to ensure viable growth and success of our business.
Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will be responsible for development and delivery of the SPS business plan with a key emphasis on ensuring cost effective route to market strategies, robust operational and sales management systems and effective cost control guided by principles of prudence and personal integrity. The candidate will be the most senior member of staff and must thus have the ability and interpersonal skills to engage, collaborate and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders including staff, suppliers, government agencies, customers, funders and collaborators and especially in relation to variables that impact on business performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Lead the Strategic Power Solution's operation, maximizing sales and profitability through effective route to market strategies and prudent cost management
2. Work closely together with senior management in the Strategic Power Solution's team to meet and exceed all targets within our business plan
3. Recruit, motivate and manage an appropriate team of A-player sales and support staff who will successfully work towards meeting organizational objectives
4. Oversee the preparation and timely submission of periodic management reports for ongoing management oversight and periodic Board meetings in the correct format and to a high standard
5. Ensure the organization is complying with all legal requirements
6. Represent the Organization in relevant forums and engagements within the broad framework of our Organizational objectives
Person Specification Skills/knowledge:
1. Must be an Electrical Engineer
2. Strong business planning, sales and operations management skills; Proven ability to creatively drive sales in through innovative route to market strategies
3. Substantial staff management skills (recruiting, developing, motivating and rewarding for productivity)
4. Strong financial literacy skills (prepare budgets and financial reports to monitor expenditure against budgets for management control)
5. Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively represent the Organization in meetings and conferences and write clear and concise management and other reports;
6. Able to make optimal decisions from a range of options, initiate actions proactively and take full responsible for the decisions made
7. Excellent oral and written English. Knowledge of local languages an advantage. 8. Computer literacy (project planning, spreadsheets, word processing)
9. Educated to degree level (or considerable professional management and operational experience)
10. Five years experience of leading successful commercial or social enterprises
11. Experience of managing human and financial resources that demonstrates ability to set objectives, monitor and evaluate progress and outcomes.
1. Commitment to our mission and developing the solar market
2. Participative and collaborative working approach
3. Self-starting, passionate, trustworthy, dependable and decisive leader who communicates effectively and consistently works efficiently to high standards.
Terms and conditions
Salary commensurate with experience including bonuses and allowances. Salary : To be negotiated
The employee will have a contract of employment containing more details of the terms and conditions relating to the post.