Job Title: Planning engineer
Our client, Is a multinational company with a branch in Ghana. They provide quality products and total façade engineering solutions.
To implement and monitor the planning processes to ensure efficient delivery of the Facades plan in order to meet the project Deadlines, Financial and Operational objectives at minimum cost and in the safest manner.
• Directing Operations/Project Manager for building up project Programs of Work, updating, loading Estimated & Actual Cost and monitoring & reporting variances to Top Management.
• Reporting Estimated Budgets to various departments
• Analyzing rights for Extension of Time against projects
• Deciding on the most appropriate engineering techniques and sequences of activities for each project stage.
• Planning reports using specialized software packages like Primavera etc.
• Ensuring plans meet the client’s specifications.
• Making reports for timescales and costs.
• Coordinate with project team to get updated site progress.
• Estimate a timescale for a project and to ensure that the outlined deadlines are met.
• Monitors progress periodically and compares it with the baseline planning and prepare weekly/monthly Progress reports
• Should know procedure of work. Availability & sources of labor material, equipment, fund & target dates
• Create a database for each project to record all project information
• Reduced projects direct cost (Avoid Rework).
• Reduce projects indirect cost (Less Staff & More Productivity)
• Ensure client satisfaction (Projects Finished on Time and as per SPECS).
• Better management of company shared resources between projects