The role will serve as the center of excellence for originating strategies to meet the needs of the Personal Banking market. The job holder will provide the needed leadership in positioning the Bank as the Best Bank in Personal Banking.
- Define the value proposition for the various segments within the Personal Banking market
- Work with the product team, define the risk appetite for each product and then develop and implement the tools to achieve it
- Ensure growth and profitability of the Personal Banking Portfolio
Knowledge, Skills and Experienced Required:
- A Bachelor’s degree in any of the numerate business related subjects and a masters degree or higher qualification is desirable
- Minimum 8 years overall relevant working experience
- A minimum 5 years of which should have been in senior management position, demonstrating competence in managing multiple teams
- Thorough appreciation of Central Banks rules, Regulations and Procedures.
- Good understanding of the needs of Personal Banking Clients
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong Business Analytical skills.
- Strong Problem Solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team creation and co-ordination skills to mobilize and manage product specialists
Key Result Areas:
Management of Personal Banking:
- Prepare Budgets, Business Plans, Target Market Studies, Risk Asset Acceptance Criteria and strategy documents for the department consistent with Economic as well as Market conditions and the Bank’s overall strategy
- Evaluates , monitors, and controls business performance against agreed performance targets and takes corrective action against significant deviations
Compliance to Internal Control & Regulatory Policies and Procedures:
- Oversees the establishment and delivery of bank’s products and services including assets and liabilities and other services related with the product delivery.
Marketing, Sales and Client Service Strategy:
- Develops and implements suitable marketing and product strategies and approaches on assets, liabilities, transactional and alternate channel products and other potential banking products.
- Directs the implementation of marketing support activities including advertising and promotional materials and messages.
- Set targets for business developments, marketing coverage and penetration activities
- Contribute to the development of market and competition information, performance of current products and services, financial information and funding requirements
- Ensures quality products, client service delivery systems and a client oriented culture that recognizes the importance of long term customer relationship.
- Maintains close client contact to keep abreast with client’s needs and service problems
- Participates in community and corporate affairs including public speaking to enhance the Bank’s corporate image
- Solicits new business prospects
- Conduct regular and annual performance review of direct reports and takes corrective actions including providing training whenever necessary
- Oversee the establishment and delivery of bank’s products and services including assets and liabilities and other services related with the product delivery
- Evaluate , monitor, and control business performance against agreed performance targets and taking corrective action against significant deviations
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Board of Directors and relevant Board Committee
- Management Team at all levels
- Regional Sales and Services Managers
- Relationship Managers
- Branch Managers
- Competitor Institutions in the country
- Banking and Financial industry association
- Banking Regulatory Bodies
- Personal Bankers
Information Security Responsibilities:
- Abide by the bank’s ISMS (Information Security Management Systems) policies and procedures
- Safeguard the bank’s information assets in accordance with its ISMS policies and procedures