Our client in the insurance industry seeks to recruit a competent Chief Commercial Officer to join their management team.
Chief Commercial Officer
Summary of the Position
Reporting to the Country Head / CEO - Ghana the Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) will primarily be responsible for ensuring the commercial success of the business and will drive the development implementation and execution of a commercial strategy for the life insurance, health insurance and pension administration businesses in Ghana. The CCO will take leadership in ensuring business growth, ensure market adoption of the company’s products and will be accountable for the achievement of the target market share across the three businesses in Ghana. The CCO will also take an in-country perspective on market opportunities and lead in the assessment and prioritization of market segments, and the implementing the customer value propositions for the chosen segments.
The CCO will take ownership of the customer and the customer interface with the product and service offering, making sure to liaise with all functions of the organization to ensure alignment so as to meet the agreed strategic commercial objectives. The CCO will lead the in-country sales and marketing teams in implementing agreed strategies that will enable the company to achieve its long-term objectives.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Leadership and Strategy
1.1 Develop strategic direction and plans for the company with regard to all commercial functions including sales, marketing, business development and customer support/customer experience.
1.2 Deliver strategic leadership for defining the commercial path to growth and profitability of the company and establish an effective growth process and infrastructure.
1.3 Be responsible for sales and new business budgets.
1.4 Develop collaborative working relationships within the organization in pursuit of the company’s overall business goals.
1.5 Maintain a climate that attracts, retains and motivates top quality personnel. In collaboration with the HR department recruit, train, appraise, supervise, support, develop, promote and guide qualified sales personnel.
2. Business Development:
2.1 Roll-out and develop distribution channels including direct, agents and broker channels in order to meet Ghana’s retail and corporate sales and profit targets.
2.2 Originate and manage business development opportunities that are consistent with the company’s strategy for revenue growth.
2.3 Handle special assignments, do in-depth analysis, follow up on various files and work closely in concert with all members of the in-country management and leadership committees.
2.4 Identify and develop new market opportunities for the company’s product portfolio.
2.5 Develop and drive the pricing strategy of the organization.
3.1 Lead development of the company’s marketing strategy with an emphasis on achieving market penetration and sales growth with a particular emphasis on cost-effective customer acquisition and market demand generation.
3.2 Develop and implement a market communication strategy that positions Metropolitan as a preferred financial wellness partner brand in Ghana.
4.1 Develop and implement the company’s sales strategy across key market segments to ensure that the company identifies and optimizes a clear path to aggressive growth.
4.2 Assess, build and manage an array of necessary channels capable of delivering on the company’s growth objectives.
4.3 Lead sales channels and manage sales operations organization, field sales organization, agents and brokers and Bancassurance channels to meet and exceed revenue targets.
4.4 Manage sales pipeline to ensure accurate and adequate lead inflow to reach targeted sales objectives.
4.5 Interact effectively with the sales operations teams to ensure a smooth flow of information.
5. Monitoring and Supervision
5.1 Develop and maintain initiatives in order to achieve up to date competitive analysis portfolio.
5.2 Develop and monitor quality metrics, establish and monitor progress against key performance indicators to ensure targets are continuously met.
5.3 Cultivate a culture of focused hard work and openness.
5.4 In liaison with other business segments, recommend incentive plans which entice individuals and teams to perform successfully against the objectives while respecting the budget.
Key qualifications and experience
· A relevant degree from a recognized institution. In addition, a charted insurer qualification will be advantageous.
· At least 10 years work experience in an overall commercial/business function in the Insurance Industry.
· Experience at working in a “performance based” environment.
· Knowledge and prior experience with Banc assurance channels.
· Strong leadership skills
· Strong and demonstrated strategic thinking skills
· Capacity to conceptualize as well as operationalize commercial strategies
· Demonstrated experience in developing and executing successful commercialization strategies
· Technical Aptitude – ability to comprehend technically complex insurance topics and specialized information.
· Outstanding sales management skill
· Outstanding networking and relationship building skills at board and executive management level
· Strong negotiation and analytical skills
· Experienced at managing diverse and geographically remote teams
· Problem solving skills to resolve business challenges
· Ability to deliver against set objectives while operating on some occasions in stressful situations
· Agility – Ability to deal with shifting priorities and issues inherent to a fast growing international group
· Communication - Demonstrated skills in both written and oral presentations (English) and development of successful marketing communication strategies and campaigns
· Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams
· Ability to efficiently interact with board members
NB: Opened to other nationals with some industry experience in Ghana.