Our Client a Photovoltaic Company in Ghana, is looking for an experienced and motivated individual to serve as Production Manager and oversea a 16 MW/ year solar module assembly plant. This requires a strong electrical and process engineering background as well as a proven capacity to manage a team of experts. An individual with photovoltaic specialization is preferred.
Our client a giant in the solar industry, is a solar panel manufacturing business servicing
Ghana and the West African sub region. Offers solar modules of various sizes of installation and has the marketing and servicing expertise derived from years of reselling imported solar modules. The company was founded by the board of a mother company in Ghana, an independent services conglomerate already active on the Ghana solar market and specializing in supplying and installing off grid photovoltaic systems and PV street lights.
What is the Job?
The production manager will be involved with the planning, coordination and control of manufacturing processes from the early stages of production all the way through to market. They will report directly to the Managing Director to ensure that goods and services are produced efficiently and that the correct amount is produced at the right cost and level of quality. The production manager work will integrate closely with the Warehouse, Installation and Maintenance, sales and marketing teams to meet pre/post- production and sales targets.
Description of Responsibilities
• Accomplishes manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
• Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
• Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
• Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries; filling orders for all factory supplies and equipment in a timely fashion.
• Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
• Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
• Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record keeping systems, forms of control, and budgetary and personnel requirements; implementing change.
• Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
• Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state of the art practices; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Excellent knowledge and experience in Photovoltaic Technology; good knowledge of industrial processes as well as innovations in mechanical and electrical engineering; exceptional organization and team leader skills; Supervision, Coaching, Managing
Processes, Process Improvement, Tracking Budget Expenses, Production Planning,
Controls and Instrumentation, Strategic Planning, Dealing with Complexity.
Terms and Conditions
Position is based in Accra Ghana
Relocation services to cover living expenses and transportation
Salary Negotiable, but based on market value within specified experience and educational background
At least 10 years (Bachelors) or 5 years (Master’s) experience managing a production line in the PV industry or relevant field