REPORTING TO: ACCOUNT MANAGER
STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Implement Marketing Communications projects and provide support to Account Group.
• Assist with the day-to-day contact on accounts, delivering an efficient, effective and profitable service to clients.
• Meet key performance goals in respect of client satisfaction and business development.
• Obtain approval and authorisation from Account Managers or Director for all activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Understanding of marketing communications.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Tact and negotiation skills.
• Ability to work with numbers.
• Proactive in managing clients business.
• Project management skills.
• IT skills.
• Ability to prioritise and identify problems.
• Works well under pressure.
• Has an open and friendly personality.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
CLIENT SERVICE MANAGEMENT
• Research and become familiar with Clients’ brands, industries and markets on a day to day basis.
o Develop full understanding of clients’ business, and keep up to date with clients’ competitors.
• Maintain account management systems for each client’s business.
• Build relationships with appropriate counterparts (as guided by Account Director/Manager)
• Assist Account Manager with preparation and presentation of briefs, proposals, reports and results reviews.
o Develop estimates of the costs and timescale involved in all proposals ensuring these are issued to the Client and agreed prior to commencement of work.
o Develop and Manage project timelines and all internal (ops/CS) and external (Client) deadlines to ensure smooth production process
o Prepare clear, comprehensive briefs and appropriate supporting material for the Operations & Creative Departments. Obtain approval from Account Manager/Director and contribute to the Briefing process.
o Source prizes and suppliers and negotiate effectively on costs.
o Participate in briefing the Operations Department, ensuring that all briefings are followed through in full
o Participate in briefing Artwork with the relevant member of the Creative Department (internal or external). Proof read copy and deal with the artwork. Obtain the necessary approvals from the Creative Department and your team (direct manager and Client) and ensure that the finished work is completed in accordance with the brief.
o Ensure print quote request forms are completed and issued correctly to the Operations Manager. Ensure that 3 quotes are obtained when requested. Assist in briefing selected suppliers and organise the delivery and distribution of printed material in accordance with agreed timescales.
o Estimate costs and issue all suppliers with Purchase Orders prior to commencing work. Reconcile these with suppliers’ invoices and deal with any discrepancies. Prepare accurate information for the Agency’s invoices and complete invoicing details for the Accounts Department on time.
o Provide a record of decisions and agreements by writing regular Status and Contact Reports (within 24 hours of meeting)
• Ensure all jobs are scheduled on time and to budget, and monitor progress.
• Research and prepare reports for account teams projects.
• Develop, and maintain, a record of all material published by the account team.
• Adhere to the stated policies, procedures and guidelines of the agency.
• Support Account Directors/Managers and other members of the Account Group including the position of cover for absent colleagues.
• Ability to understand and work within clients’ budget.
• Ensure all quotations of work are accurate.
• Monitor outgoing costs.
• Ensure client invoicing is correct and timely.
• Maintain agreed profit margins.
• Ensure all work for clients meets highest levels of quality and timeliness and is within budgetary guidelines.