Our client in a reputable marketing and communication industry seeks to recruit a competent Client Service Director.
CLIENT SERVICE DIRECTOR
REPORTING TO: MANAGING DIRECTOR
STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Build value for our stakeholders:
o To lead and manage business development (through clients and through internal property development), delivering an efficient and effective service to clients which is profitable to the Agency.
• Meet key performance goals:
o Client satisfaction, business development, profitability and staff (in-country) performance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Excellent understanding of marketing communications – able to specialize in experiential marketing and / or sponsorship marketing.
• Excellent presentation and communication skills at a senior level.
• Tact and negotiation skills.
• Focused through finance – ability to work with numbers.
• Strategic thinker. Proactive in developing clients business.
• Extensive management skills.
• Extensive IT skills.
• Ability to prioritise.
• Ability to identify problems and offer solutions.
• Work well under pressure.
• Open and friendly personality.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Contribute to the strategic direction of the Agency.
• Develop and implement the stated policies, procedures and guidelines of the Agency. Ensure that they are maintained.
• Continually update own skills and competence. Maintain and develop professional stance both internally and externally.
• Carry out specific projects to assist the management team in general management.
• Highlight issues to Management, which affect the morale of the Agency.
• Raise internal issues, which affect the morale and job performance of the Account Group.
• Facilitate good relationships between group companies, departments and suppliers.
• Bring any significant changes (and/or issues), to the client relationship or to the Account Group, to the attention of the management team.
• Attend, and contribute to:
o Finance Meetings – project based.
o Operational Management meetings – project based.
CLIENT SERVICE MANAGEMENT
• Have full understanding of the Exp offering and drive it through all dealings you have with client.
• Drive new business development by being an innovative and pro-active salesperson, seeking and proposing new business opportunities to and for clients through new business pitches and property development.
o Monitor and evaluate in-country teams performance for projects they execute for you.
o Create and exploit opportunities to develop agencies interests with the Client.
o Direct the strategic development of the Clients’ business in Marketing Communications by having a full understanding of clients business.
o Keep up to date with clients’ marketplace and competitors.
• Develop strong personal relationships with key contacts, building and nurturing all client relationships based on trust and mutual respect.
• Work with in-country management to appoint and co-ordinate a team to manage client business – project based.
o Hold regular status meetings with account teams to assist with management of projects and plan work accordingly.
o Ensure account team delivers the best quality service to clients.
o Ensure policies and processes are followed by account team. These include:
Policies: Finance, HR and IT (including back-up of information).
Processes: Sixth SenseTM Marketing; Measurement and Evaluation (of projects); Internal Briefings; Brand Ambassador Training and Client Service maintenance and management (Contact reports – after every meeting ; Activation reports – weekly, monthly and on completion, which covers a full summary and evaluation of value created by Exp for the client as well as next phase of activity proposal.)
• Manage and approve all client issues regarding creative and / or strategic direction of Brands / projects.
• Understand and use relevant marketing and business related tools (E.g. Exp’s Sixth SenseTM Marketing tool; Live + Digital; Brand Experience Engine)
• Resolve all day-to-day client issues with diplomacy.
• Anticipate and identify problems and provide solutions to them.
• Ensure the profitable running of each Regional Client Account.
• Develop a constructive relationship with the in-Country Management Teams, and identify the areas to support them as well as use them most effectively.
• Oversee account teams to deliver an efficient, effective and profitable service to clients.
• Ensure effective delegation and management within the team to generate the optimum use of resources to maintain the staff/profitability ratio.
• Direct and develop staff to ensure all are performing their relevant job functions for the specific projects.
• Provide motivation and leadership to maximise job performance.
o Ensure and maintain discipline within the account team.
o Ensure company processes and policies are followed.
• Encourage the flow of information and knowledge within and between account teams.
• To deal with staff issues in a professional manner.
• Implement efficient working practises, systems, time management and staff training against Exp processes and policies.
• Direct the implementation of agreed projects and approve all project briefs, timelines and artwork.
o Review and sign off finished Artwork and ensure that written approval is obtained, from the Client, before going to print.
• Ensure that all projects meet the desired Exp. standard of quality and Brand Experience offering.
• Maintain familiarity with the Agency’s standard Terms and Conditions of Business.
• Ensure the financial policies are followed and adhered to by the account team at all times.
• Develop cost estimates with each participating country – ensuring consistency across all project elements.
• Ensure budgets are approved and agreed with clients before work begins. Revise as necessary.
o Ensure PO’s are received from client before work commences.
o Ensure payment terms are agreed with client before work commences.
o Sign off all sales invoices before they are sent to client.
• Ensure that all projects are within budget and meet the agreed profit margin.
o Manage project GP throughout the project and report financial results to the Regional Director on a regular basis.
• Maximise the profitability of the Project:
o Streamlining processes.
o Widen project margin thru effective ops management – not reducing quality output.
• Monitor billings (billings schedule) on a regular basis to:
o Monitor income versus target
o Revise the annual income projection each month and share with in-country management to assist with their cash flow management.
o Report these figures to the regional director on a monthly basis.
• Ensure that debts are collected as per agreed payment terms.
o Exp policy is to not let a debtor exceed 45 days.
o Upfront payments are needed to ensure working capital for the projects.
• Develop a comprehensive understanding of the agency’s terms and conditions of procurement and ensure that they are followed.
• Produce an annual business plan (including finances) for your Business Unit, identifying opportunities and KPI’s to grow the business.
Bachelor's degree in area of specialty (marketing) and at least 10 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
Qualified and interested candidates should please send their updated CV’s to email@example.com.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.