Finance Manager needed for a global pharmaceutical client based in London, the position involves all areas of operational finance and requires multi-tasking and prioritizing across a broad range of responsibilities and managing multiple stakeholders.
Reporting to the Director Controllership, responsible for supporting delivery of objectives across all areas of Finance including Reporting (Internal & Statutory), Tax, Audit, Process Governance (Procure to Pay; Order to Cash), Process Improvement, for the three legal entities in the UK.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
- Build strong network and relationships across all areas of Finance (in-country team; Controllership, FSS, Tax & Treasury) and across the business, to enable delivery of team objectives.
- Support on tax matters including PAYE, SAO controls and VAT matters, to potentially include preparation of quarterly / annual returns and quarterly accounting for the same.
- Support the 2 day month end process, including journal preparation and review, ensuring accurate cut-off of sales and expenses, preparing reconciliations and editing the commentary on the P&L and BS reporting before it is presented to EMEA HQ on working day 2.
- Ensure accounting standards and policies are correctly applied
- Partner with Customer Services on pricing and accounts receivable activities
- Ensure compliance with worldwide policies and procedures, especially Procure To Pay.
- Partner with legal and business conduct to support business conduct policies and activities
- Drive process improvement, efficiency and automation within finance and the wider business
- Support in the preparation of all Statutory Reporting
- Support the UK entities through Internal and External Audits.
- Play a role in Internal Control Monitoring across various areas.
- Participate in local and global cross-finance / cross-functional projects as required.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- ACA or equivalent, with minimum 5 years PQE
- Minimum 2 years industry experience preferred
- Strong academics - min 2:1 degree level and As at level
- Experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry a plus, but not required
- Strong knowledge of UK taxation and associated compliance activities.
- Good technical accounting knowledge of Local GAAP, some knowledge of US GAAP as well as all key aspects of controllership in a listed company.
- Must be able to apply accounting knowledge to day-to-day operations and assigned projects.
- Good communication, networking and influencing skills -manage a variety of stakeholders at all levels effectively, confidently and proactively keeping them up to date.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills are required.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment, meeting deadlines in an accurate and timely manner.
- Must be able to work independently and exhibit solid project management skills.
- Systems - Good understanding of Oracle ERP or similar ERP system.
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Outlook, and Word) is required.
- Ability to engage and manage multiple stakeholders to achieve the objective
- Curious with learning agility
- Operationally excellent
- Organised with systematic approach to prioritisation
- Process orientated to achieve the business objective
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity (always doing the right thing),
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith),
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility)
- Inclusion (Encouraging diversity
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.