My client is a leader within the Defence and Aerospace industry. They are seeking highly capable people to work on cutting edge technologies and inspire our up and coming team members to deliver best in class results.
The Analysts are involved throughout the project lifecycle from conceiving new product ideas and capabilities to gaining customer approval of delivered solutions and insertion of capability enhancement to in service solutions.
- Developing sonar/acoustics processing algorithms based on the application of established digital signal processing approaches
- Selecting appropriate algorithmic techniques based upon performance requirements developed with the system design team from the customer specification
- Developing algorithms with implementation in mind (segmentation/simplification/parallelisation)
- Documenting algorithm specification and design decisions/implications/discussions
- Supporting the implementation, debugging and verification of algorithms in software, including the generation of appropriate test data
Performance Modelling, Design Trade-offs and Product Development
- Modelling algorithm performance under a wide range of realistic underwater conditions
- Modelling sonar/acoustic performance against customer requirements for the inclusion in bid responses
- Quantifying the impact of Sonar System Design decisions to the Sonar System performance, hence guiding cost effective approaches to this decision making process.
- Developing ideas for new approaches to Sonar products to improve their capability individually and collectively embracing new technologies or approaches
Support to Trials
- Analysing Trials data, assessing against system performance requirements
- Reporting on Trails Data analysis drawing clear conclusions on both the success of the trials and the sonar system against its performance requirements
- Report to project/product development teams on progress of assigned work packages
- To provide in-feed to design reviews and at customer presentations
- Mentoring junior analysts within the business
Skills, Qualification and Experience
- Hold a relevant Bachelor's (higher degree preferred) in Physics, Mathematics;
- Ideally some experience in one of the following areas, with exposure to the others:
- Digital Signal Processing Algorithm Definition
- Trials Data Analysis
- Performance Prediction Modelling
- Performance Requirement interpretation and analysis
- Experience in communicating complicated topics clearly and concisely to expert and non-expert audiences
- Proficient in the use of mathematic/scientific modelling tools e.g. MATLAB
- Experience of being able to set and meet deadlines
- Hold or be capable of achieving Security Clearance (SC)
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.