Our Client is a global leader focused on the Maritime Industry and providing Technical Solutions and Services. For their offices in Athens, they are looking for a ‘Senior Accountant’.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for general accounting operations by controlling and verifying financial transactions. Such responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining the general ledger, and preparing month-end close procedures. Additional responsibilities include supporting the annual audit by providing the Accounting Manager and external auditors with supporting documentation.
- Perform monthly close responsibilities including adjusting journal entries.
- Reconcile all domestic general ledger accounts.
- Reconcile intercompany receivable/payable accounts on a global basis.
- General ledger maintenance, review, and analysis of accounts, including variance review.
- Assist in the review of consolidated financial reports, as well as, participate in variance analysis discussions with senior management.
- Realized / Unrealized FX Gains or Losses schedule maintenance.
- Review and upload foreign monthly trial balances of non-JD Edwards Accounting System entities into JD Edwards Accounting System.
- Prepare and process transfer pricing invoices.
- Maintain fixed asset roll forward on an individual and consolidated company basis.
- Updates fixed asset register as needed.
- Prepare freight and handling accrual.
- Assist with the implementation of new accounting standards.
- Assist with changes, upgrades, or implementations of new accounting or consolidation systems.
- Assist with the accounting of new acquisitions.
- Document monthly close and internal control processes.
- Coordinate annual audit with an outside audit firm, including interim audit work.
- Prepare annual statutory financial statements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required.
- CPA or local equivalent preferred.
- General accounting experience within a large multinational organization with multi-currency business.
- Public Accounting experience.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment is a strong plus.
- Experience with large integrated accounting software (JD Edwards and Hyperion, a strong plus).