Our Client is an international leader that Designs, Manufactures, and Markets industry-leading devices for medical usage. They are looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer and the role is based in Athens.
You will be leading the mechanical engineering activities for the development of state of the art devices, throughout the product life-cycle: from early concept design to product release.
- Lead the end-to-end mechanical design of reliable, small, safe, easy to use, easy to manufacture infusion devices, involving the following mechanical disciplines: ergonomics, electromechanical system design and verification, part design (molded, formed, and/or machined), materials selection, manufacturing process design, process validation and general production support.
- Design efficient, reliable and accurate infusion mechanisms and sensor measuring systems.
- Develop CAD (SolidWorks) product models.
- Subcontract and oversight the prototype/serial tooling development for the production of device parts, like thermoplastic injection molds.
- Develop product prototypes (including 3D printed parts), production and test fixtures/equipment.
- Create and update mechanical drawings.
- Support the design transfer to production including the set-up and verification of the manufacturing process.
- Technical writing in support of design inputs, design outputs, qualification activities and regulatory requirements.
- Work with cross-functional teams to define system requirements that are appropriate, realizable, and testable and contribute in the product risk management activities.
- Academic background in Engineering.
- 7-10 years of experience in industrial product design, with an absolute must that this experience comes from Concept through to Completion.
- Proficient in mechanical CAD design in SolidWorks.
- Experience in plastic part design for thermoplastic injection molding is a must.
- Broad understanding of engineering principles as applied to complex electromechanical systems.
- Demonstrated experience in rapid prototyping with various tools (3D printers, CNC machines, CAM/CAE).
- Almost native English skills