Java Developer Team Lead
Reports to: VP Engineering
Location: Athens Office (with 3-6 months of training in London Office)
Our client is a dynamic growth company that is looking to digitalize global trade and finance. Their market leading SaaS solutions enable customers to improve their logistics, working capital and compliance. Their customer base, which includes 10% of the Fortune Global companies, is on track to double for the third year in a row. The company currently operates out of 6 offices in Europe, AsiaPac and the U.S.
We are looking for an experienced Java Developer Lead - Spring MVC, Hibernate, who will recruit and lead a team of developers for the Greek office. The successful candidate will be an intelligent, intuitive, passionate, hardworking individual with experience working in highly secure, highly available operations with disaster recovery sites. The Team Lead role is required to provide leadership to a development team and to ensure the company’s development efficiency. The role requires experience in a Senior Development or Architecture role in an online environment, ideally hands-on with enterprise platforms. The Team Lead will manage a team of Java Developers so it’s imperative that they have previously worked as a Team Lead. The successful candidate will have had broad experience in Enterprise IT that can apply to problem solving.
Lead Java Developer / Java Team Lead's skills required:
- Previous experience in a Lead Java Developer / Java Team Lead type role
- Good management and mentoring experience
- Strong core Java experience
- Source Control Management
- Build and Continuous Integration tools (Maven, Jenkins)
- Application/Web servers (Tomcat, Apache)
- Web Application frameworks (Spring MVC, Hibernate)
- Other Enterprise level technologies (Quartz, JAXB, JAX-RS, Taglibs, Servlets, JSP, JMS, Spring Security
- Recruits and provides leadership, direction, and development to a team of developers based in the Athens
- Develops components for multiple tiers of a highly functional web application eg Web Front End, application business logic and data access layer.
- Designs and develops components for Internet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle.
- Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Recommends toolset and architecture directions based on requirements and industry trends.
- Designs and conducts tests.
- Runs effective regular 1:1s with all members of the team
- Enhances organisation reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests;
- 5+ years of work experience
- Excellent English listening, verbal, and written skills
- Excellent people skills to interact with colleagues and customers (including colleagues in remote locations)
- Ambitious, quick learning, passionate people manager who is looking for a new challenge