Our client is a diversified technology company, focused on innovation in the areas of Healthcare, Consumer Lifestyle and Lighting. The company employs approximately 115,000 employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries and is a global leader across its healthcare, lighting and lifestyle portfolios.
Procurement Engineer Medical Systems (m/f) in Hamburg
As a Procurement Engineer at the Development and Manufacturing Center (DMC) Hamburg you will be part of the DXR Procurement team. You will work closely with representatives from both the R&D and Operations organizations.
Your responsibilities within this procurement role will include:
- Drive concept savings in new product development in close cooperation with marketing, quality, supply chain, and development
- Supports the supplier selection process together with commodity teams and defining the global supply (chain) requirements
- Drives request for supplier quotation process and supplier allocation decision making process
- Provide accurate cost estimates, provide should-cost assessments
- Manage all project related supplier aspects during a development project
- Develop and maintain value adding suppliers in projects and remain up to date with the state of the art technologies, modules and components
- Represents procurement in development and ensures early supplier involvement
- Aligns needs with competitive landscape and technology roadmaps
- Contribute to acceleration of the innovation roadmap by connecting trends and solutions available in the supply network
We are looking for:
- Academic degree in Engineering or equivalent fields
- At least 3 years of experience in R&D/product development/manufacturing engineering and procurement
- Six Sigma, Lean and/or DFX experiences
- Good influencing skills, strong networking and communications skills
- strong project management capabilities
- Fluent in German and English
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.