Our client is a diversified technology company, focused on innovation in the areas of Healthcare, Consumer Lifestyle and Lighting. The company employs approximately 115,000 employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries and is a global leader across its healthcare, lighting and lifestyle portfolios.
Strategic Buyer Mechatronics EMEA for Medical Systems (m/f) in Hamburg
As a Strategic Buyer for Mechatronics, Motion and Control for EMEA (based in Hamburg) you will be responsible for co-develop, maintain and execute commodity strategies for the assigned supplier portfolio and building and maintaining a preferred supply base for the assigned scope.
- Supplier evaluation and management within the Mechatronics and Motion and Control Commodities
- Lead contract and price negotiations for the assigned supplier portfolio
- Responsible for relevant project management assignments and contract management within the Mechatronics and Motion and Control Commodities (develop, maintain and execute)
- Responsible for gathering relevant benchmark data, supply market intelligence information and lead or participate in the tender generation and review business review processes
- Apply continuous improvement of processes and technologies that support materials & services decisions within the assigned Commodities
- Ensures that all Procurement related risks are controlled and mitigated
- Reviews the compliance of the suppliers in the assigned scope regarding the Supplier Quality, Supplier Sustainability and Supplier, Development KPI's
- Business process review with the supplier to ensure supplier market trends, performance and future needs of the relevant businesses
- Accountable for Supplier Performance, Supplier Performance Management
- Ensures compliance to procurement policy for the assigned supplierportfolio
- Responsible for leveraging supplier innovation
- Define and execute project/contract roll-outs
- Establish programs for developing supplier relationships, negotiations and performance management / feedback.
- Develop and maintain appropriate network inside and outside to ensure successful execution of strategies
You will become part of the Health Systems procurement organization and report directly to the Commodity Manager Site Hamburg as well as reporting to the global Commodity Manager Mechatronics. With the global commodity team you will work on developing and executing a multi-year Mechatronics strategy for our businesses. You will deploy the strategy bworking in close alignment with key business leadership and procuremeengineers, across all businesses & locations within EMEA.
We are looking for
- A Master’s degree in a Procurement / Supply chain management oMechanical Engineering
- At least 5 years experience in commodity management (preferablyMechanical)
- Strong Negotiation Skills
- Strong Stakeholder Management Skills
- Self starter, eager to take and drive initiative
- Evaluates the applicability of new systems, new products, market developments
- Leads the development of effective networks of internal customers, and suppliers
- Ability to analyze complex business and competitive issues and discern their implications for inventory planning
- Solves supplier related issues
- Recommends strategic direction for long term spending plans
- Fluent in English and German