Veeva/ Salesforce Solution Architect
The Field Force Automation Architect sits within the Delivery Hub in the IS Transformation team, a pool of resources for the delivery of Corporate Continuous Improvement (CI), medium-sized projects, Major Programmes pertaining to Consumer/Customer Solutions as well as management of the innovation initiatives including technology and vendor evaluation, pilot execution and global implementation.
This person has overall responsibility for application lifecycle management of specific applications the deal with distributor management systems and field force automation in Healthcare Professionals, Pharmacy and Grocery channels.
The role reports to the Senior IT Manger – Sales Channels, to support the development of processes and template standards for changes to Front Office and Innovations solutions. The role is responsible for governing and enforcing these processes and standards during the lifecycle of Sales Channel management projects, infrastructure & network changes, major programme or continuous improvement activity. The resource also supports the Business Relationship Managers (BRMs) in the Functional Relationship Management team during business case stages.
Scope of Responsibilities:
The scope of application lifecycle management includes:
- Support the development of a blueprint to achieve standardised solutions within RB to simplify the change process going forward. This includes business process maps, data flows and integration points
- Work with Architect, BRM and business stakeholders to provide best practice solutions and assess options
- Provide input and develop cost/implementation/technology plans up to TRB approval
- Maintain ownership of technology roadmap and vendor upgrade path, and plan accordingly
- Maintain oversight of the application and review GTS performance. Work with GTS service deliver to ensure accountability
- Oversee change requests, provide guidance and approval as required
- Own small development, coordinate development strategy, ensure funding in place
- Maintain relationship with vendor support escalation of issues
- Ensure GTS have the appropriate support documentation to maintain BAU status. Especially oversee and input to SOP development as new capabilities (projects) transition to BAU
- Ensure application remains GxP status if relevant
- Ensure appropriate documentation is developed and maintained and available as required
- Prepare for and participate in audits as required: ensure any audit findings are closed out
- Support the Global Front Office team in identifying opportunities to streamline, consolidate or simplify the front office systems landscape for health care professionals, pharmacies and grocery.
- Act as SME for application and provide input/guidance/support to Project Teams
- Advise and support the BRMs during the business case definition stage to ensure standardisation is maintained
- Support Business Analysts during business requirements capture to ensure that standardisation will not be compromised by the change
- Where required, work with delivery partners to ensure that any functional designs they are delivering are in line with standardised templates
- Where required, support delivery partners with the testing phase to ensure that change has been implemented to the correct standardised template as advised.
- Maintain a level of knowledge of the application and business process to be able to input to application development and broader integration opportunities
- Maintain an awareness of vendor solution roadmap and development opportunities
- As required input to and support the application resource requirements for the application landscape and input to the developement of a team (recruitment, training, oversight)
- Ensure consistency, standardisation and optimisation of Trade Promotion Management and Trade Promotion Optimization systems across RB.
- Proven track record of expertise in solutions used for Distributor Management, Sales Force Automation and Merchandising Force Automation in the Healthcare Professionals, Pharmacy & Grocery channels.
- The experiences in the above process areas is needed on the technical platforms including but not limited to SaaS platforms Veeva CRM, Salesforce and NewsPage.
- Experience of working with and influencing senior stakeholders to balance business needs with IS standards and processes
- Enthusiastic about the use of technology, with a proven ability to provide a communication ‘bridge’ between the business and technologists
- Extensive experience of working in a mixed Waterfall and Agile delivery environment
- Experience of supporting complex change and / or multi-disciplinary projects
- Able to build and maintain strong and effective relationships
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Critical thinker and ability to demonstrate logical approach to problem solving
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills particularly at senior levels of an organisation
- Able to prioritise work and balance competing demands
- Able to deal with conflict and mediate
- Able to deal with ambiguity and cope with change.
- Experience of working within FMCG or Retail sector.
Technical / Professional Qualifications:
- Educated in Business discipline or Computer Science to degree level, or equivalent experience
- Overall experience of around 12 to 15 years with at least 5 years of relevant experience
- Expertise in suite of CRM like Veeva CRM or Salesforce or NewsPage, is highly desirable
- Microsoft Office Suite to Proficient level.
- Relevant Technical Certification
- ITIL V3 to Intermediate level.
- Achievement focused and able to work in a direct and often pressurised environment
- Entrepreneurial and tenacious mindset
- Approachable in nature and confident in own abilities
- Exhibits an attention to detail
- Comfortable in challenging the status quo
- Exhibits high standards of integrity
- Strives for continual improvement.
- Possible progression to Sr. Business Analyst within IT Transformation team, or to broaden experience by moving to other roles within the IT organisation including the Enterprise Architect or Health Market IT roles.