Knowledge Analyst/Senior Knowledge Analyst
You’ll work in Gurgaon or Chennai, as part of Management Consulting Firm's Knowledge Centre, India.
You’ll be part of their global knowledge network, which includes more than 1,800 knowledge professionals who work alongside their consultants and clients to generate distinctive insights and proprietary knowledge. You will work with this group to help conceptualize, develop, codify, sanitize, and manage their global knowledge portal, which includes more than 50,000 documents that form the backbone of their firm's knowledge management.
You would spend a significant part (~60% to 80 %) of your time working onsite as part of consulting teams helping solve complex client problems in product development domain. This work includes (and is not limited to) rationalizing product design based on competitive teardown analysis and customer insights, helping client teams estimate product should cost based on clean sheet costing (and hence design a low cost product), working on new product development arena reducing new product development time, cost and quality attributes, carrying on survey to understand improvement aspects of the organization to support an efficient and effective product development and improving thereof to build a sustainable capability for the R&D organization for clients, etc.
The remaining time (~40% to 20%) will be spent on developing cutting-edge knowledge related to the Product Development (PD) domain and in delivering specialized remote services to clients.
You will focus on Automotive product development & design. You will be expected to work on various product development engagements, provide expert client service by way of product teardown analysis, supplier development recommendations, clean sheet costing, cost-saving ideas/lever identification.
You will also be required to support the development and maintenance of various practice knowledge initiatives (build Firm’s knowledge on product development related topics). This is a global role (cross geography, cross-industry) and would work well for those who truly envision themselves growing into ‘experts’ within the PD domain.
• Deep understanding of the foundations of PD and must demonstrate a strong business sense
• Significant experience (3 to 6 years) in Automotive parts or systems development in Development Quality or Purchasing function
• Knowledge/experience on proprietary parts, costing assessment is a must.
• Excellent problem-solving skills, including the ability to disaggregate issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions.
• Excellent analytical skills and ability to understand the relevant analysis required to prove a hypothesis and ability to gather information around it and make informed/logical assumptions where required
• Good written and verbal communication skills. Fluent in both written and spoken English; prior experience in a multi-national environment is desirable.
• Energetic, cooperative and pleasant personality, along with the ability to work with a diverse group of team members
• Flexibility, patience and an understanding of fluid, demanding, and unstructured environments, where priorities evolve constantly and methodologies are regularly challenged.
• Ability to work under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines
• Strong IT skills (knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint is a must; also knowledge of MS Access and MS Project is an added advantage)