Head - IT Procurement
Candidates with IT Procurement experience only. Total Spend Procured on IT materials worth INR 500 minimum in their career.
Managed Services and Development services experience not considered.
Scope of the role :
- This role is responsible to lead Technology and Telecom related procurement (or) Management activities across marketplace, internal IT, supply chain, customer experience, finance, HR etc.
- Spend value in this domain - 25-30% of all Spend handled within Non-Category Procurement.
Functional Leadership and Execution :
- For the category (s) resource will be required to drive Category planning, Market research & analysis, savings opportunity identification & spend optimization.
- Drive RFX activities, Supplier selection, Supplier Due diligence, Negotiation, Tactical buying, Contract management (includes creation), Catalogue Management (includes enablement).
- Implement effective procurement and supply chain strategies in support company's strategic plans
- Execute on commodity driven strategies for supplier rationalization and localization
- Supplier management, Statutory & Regulatory risk management, support audits, management reporting, and independent Stakeholder / Supplier / Client management.
- Lead in price & vendor finalization.
- Lead and drive Negotiations: Commercial Terms, Finalization of Contracts.
- Identify suitable performance metrics for this domain and track the same with a goal to enhance maturity of this team to a best-in-class team.
- MIS & Controlling (Commercial Functions): Saving details, Contract matrix, Procurement Reports & Adherence analysis.
Stakeholder, Team and Budget Management :
- Mentor team to handle Vendor Profile Evaluation, Performance Assessment and Vendor Management
- Provide guidance to team on domestic and international supplier base in Technology and Telecom domain.
- Work with the stake holders and vendors to effectively Plan, develop and implement strategies, so as to meet agreed organizational performance plans within agreed budgets and timescales
- Establish best practices and service levels, tracking and control mechanism for efficient implementation of procurement for this domain.
Functional Competencies :
- Profound experience and knowledge in sourcing activities, procurement process and project management.
- Ability and network and form high quality working relationships with clients and colleagues in multiple international locations
- Strong analytical and data management skills, ideally proven in a Sourcing and Procurement Operations context
- Ability to understand and translate customer requirements and find appropriate solutions with quick turnaround time and meet organizational and client expectations
- Knowledge of Import & Domestic taxes and apply for to achieve the best cost for the organization.
- Demonstrated success in defining and implementing a sourcing strategy yielding year over year cost reductions.
- Experience in dealing with large number of suppliers with varied complexity.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- BE in Engineering, MS or MBA, preferred
- 17-20 years of experience working in Procurement / Supply Chain, with significant part in Technology and Telecom procurement, in large Indian / MNC organisations.
- Experience working across multiple country vendors, multi-cultural awareness and sensitivity, and emerging market awareness and experience
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management, all functional areas.
- A self-starter and require minimal supervision
- Leadership: Demonstrated leadership skills including growth and development of teams
- Business Acumen: Demonstrated strong business and financial understandings
- Collaboration: Ability to influence change outside of direct organization. Ability to weigh benefits and risks on behalf of entire company for this area of responsibility
- Excellent communication (verbal and Written) and influencing skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of e-Sourcing modules of SAP / ARIBA, Oracle Purchasing & Financial modules, etc, is desirable
- Ability to travel.