Job Description- Product Engineer - Java
Job Location: Belgaum.
Experience: 5+ Years
Role: A Product Engineer/ Associate Product Engineer .IT is involved in overall module development, communicating technological details of the project to client, gathering business requirement, assessing resource and oversee the task required to provide solution to client. This includes planning, resources management, issue resolution and quality assurance. A Sr. Software Developer / Software Developer provides leadership to a team of developers by taking up overall responsibility of a module and tracking progress of it.
- Design Skills:Utilise their understanding in providing web solution to client,Analyse business requirement and apply their understanding to the limits of the tools being used,Discusses the tradeoffs in the design phase vs. implementation and manage dependencies across modules, Own the design of the module.
- Translate the client’s business requirements into systems design.
- Challenge business design when appropriate. Offer creative alternatives regarding business design
- Development Skills:Write bug free code, refine & optimize the code,Effectively debug code & Sets standards for the team,Identify problem areas in the module and actively work to fix them
- Project Planning:Drive mid-level planning exercise,Plan for a module with a team of Developers,Manage and track plans of engineers in their module,Anticipate issues and risks at the module level and escalate appropriately.
- Choose appropriate approach for development
- Move the code for further testing to make it absolutely bug free
- Communicate difficult scenario to Client for further discussion
- Maintain & Modify the existing module:Identify changes required as per the demands of client,Compare the existing code with modified code and check interdependency across modules,Prepare patch and move the same to maintenance team for production serve.
- Maintain proper documentation of modification for future reference
- Acknowledge the time line and adhere to the same
- Mentor other Associates and Sr. Associates in the team
- The ideal candidate should be MCA/BE/M.Sc. Computer Science with 5-7 years of experience as system integration & application development
- Should proficient in technologies including but not limited to JAVA, Struts, Spring MVC,J2EE, JSP, Web Server, Application Servers, HTML, Windows 9X and understanding of Oracle 9i, My SQL and various development environment.
- Understanding of the project life cycle process to effectively be able to manage complexities of the business solution
- Understand importance of team work and understand team dynamics
- Deliver in highly demanding & time constrained environment
- Should have good written & oral communication skill
- (3+) Experience on Frameworks Struts, Spring MVC.
- (3+) Experience on web service JAX-WS, REST-API, (able to create a producer).
- (3+) Good Knowledge on design Patterns, UML & analytical handling capabilities.
- Good knowledge on DB DDL, DML, triggers, stored producer.
- Good knowledge on OS Window/Linux
- Good knowledge on Sub Version control cvs or svn
- Ability to work on the module end to end. Should work as module lead & ensure quality & timely