International Engineering Company is recruiting a Drainage and Flood Control Engineer for its operations in India and Bangladesh
The candidate must have a Master degree in Civil Engineering specialized in drainage and at least 15 years of experience in drainage and flood control projects, mainly in coastal zones, and 6 years or more of work experience, in a similar position, in developing countries.
Specific experience and skills:
- Incorporating climate change and adaptation into water supply designs.
- Preparation of feasibility study, detailed engineering designs, including specifications, drawings, and detailed cost estimates for drainage and flood control components.
- Coordinating and overseeing of teams and subcontractors.
- Developing technical relationship with the client and project beneficiaries.
- Ability to work in team and to accomplish established milestones.
- Good knowledge of English language.
- The candidate should be from Spain or EU.
The specific tasks to be performed will be as follows:
- Assist the Client in the selection of eligible subprojects.
- Work with climate change specialists to incorporate climate adaptation into designs.
- Prepare feasibility study, detailed engineering designs, including specifications, drawings, and detailed cost estimates for drainage and flood control components.
-Calculate the incremental costs of climate adaptation into drainage subprojects.
- Incorporate climate resilience into client's specifications.
- Assist in preparation of bidding documents and bill of quantities.
- Conduct physical surveys for identification of subprojects.
- Assist environmental engineer in identifying places for public toilet, wash stations, transfer station and sludge disposal to ensure linkage to safe drainage.
- Supervise sub-contractors' works.