Role: Manager - Financial Operations
Company is one of the largest global investment and technology development firm with more than $30+ billion in investment capital and offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. Our firm has earned an international reputation for successful investing based on innovation, careful risk management, and the quality and depth of our staff. We have a significant presence in the world's capital markets, investing in a wide range of companies and financial instruments in both developed and developing economies.
Middle Office Manager - Financial Operations
The Middle Office group supports firm's trading activities around various investment products like equity, fixed income, futures, currency, swaps and other exotic derivatives. The Middle Office is responsible for managing firm-wide transactions and reference data which include trade booking/amendment process, capturing & processing product's lifecycle events, facilitating trade settlement, and managing data exceptions.
We are looking at Manager level candidate to join the Middle Office group who will be responsible for driving various activities in Middle Office, ensuring day to day operations function smoothly and issues are resolved in a timely manner. Individual will also be driving various systems enhancements projects around reference and transaction data and will be involved in coordinating with dev and ops team in executing the same.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Keep reference data & security master up-to-date using sources like Reuters and Bloomberg.
- Liaise with Strategy Operation (StratOps) groups ensuring confirmations and settlements are completed in a timely manner and according to the Firm policy.
- Process life cycle events as per events notification or on paydate, as the case maybe.
- Create and update investment products in firm's database and trading universe.
- Work closely with other teams to address operational issues and contribute towards firm wide initiatives. Come up with enhancement ideas and work with tech teams in executing the same.
- Investigate and fix transactional and reference data quality warnings, systematically.
- Working knowledge of Equities & Fixed Income products
- Understanding of trade life cycle events of Equities & Fixed Income products
- Experience of handling voluntary or mandatory corporate actions related workflow with clear understanding of the same
- Understanding of data sources like Reuters, Bloomberg etc.
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, high morale, independent thinker with solid organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player
- Effective oral/written communications skills.
- Coordinate with team members in ongoing projects.
- Work closely with other team members to address operational issues.
- CFA or working knowledge of complex product classes i.e. IRS, CDS, ABS, Variance Swaps etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and SQL.
- Ability to create VBA macro to automate the processes.
- Prior experience on leading projects will be an advantage.
Contact Varun at VShori@antal.com