Role: Analyst/Senior Analyst - Financial Operations
Company is one of the largest global investment and technology development firm with more than $30+ billion in investment capital and offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. Our firm has earned an international reputation for successful investing based on innovation, careful risk management, and the quality and depth of our staff. We have a significant presence in the world's capital markets, investing in a wide range of companies and financial instruments in both developed and developing economies.
Middle Office Analyst/Senior Analyst - Financial Operations
The Middle Office group supports firm's trading activities around various investment products like equity, fixed income, futures, currency, swaps and other exotic derivatives. The Middle Office is responsible for managing firm-wide transactions and reference data which include trade booking/amendment process, capturing& processing product's lifecycle events, facilitating trade settlement, and managing data exceptions.
We are looking for analytically strong Analyst/Sr. Analyst to join the Middle Office group. The individual will be responsible for driving various functions of Middle Office ensuring day to day operations function smoothly and issues are resolved in a timely manner.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure error free and timely daily support/ deliverables and timely resolution of breaks/ issues
- Keep reference data & security master up-to-date using sources like Reuters and Bloomberg
- Create and update investment products in firm's database and trading universe.
- Process trades that are not booked by the desk and support Pnl query from the front office
- Liaise with Strategy Operation (StratOps) groups ensuring confirmations and settlements are completed in a timely manner and according to the Firm policy
- Work closely with other team members to address operational issues.
- Support groups deliverables during Night-Ops.
- Working knowledge of the financial products like Equities, Fixed Income, Derivatives, etc.
- Understanding of the various stages of the trade life cycle.
- Understanding of data sources like Reuters, Bloomberg etc.
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, high morale, independent thinker with solid organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Effective oral/written communications skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and take on additional operational responsibilities
- CFA or working knowledge of other product classes i.e. Bonds, Credits, Rates etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and SQL
- Ability to create VBA macro to automate the processes
Contact Varun at Vshori@antal.com