Why take this challenge?
- You are a person that LOVES to coach and help others produce excellent code!
- You believe in the BIG picture and enjoy challenge!
- Be want to be a part of a HUGE organization change effort!
- You are interested in changing the world one client/customer at a time!
- 5+ years strong Java background
- Comfortable working with multiple languages that are materially different
- Hands on experience working in an emerging agile development environment which must include: Test Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration, Pair Programming, Clean Code, SOLID principles, refactoring, and iterative development
- Excellent communication skills with client and teams
- Experienced leading/technically coaching large teams
- Servant Leadership attitude serving Technical Team/Business Owner, Architecture Team, and Coaching Department
- Handles variance in scope effectively and is adaptable to change
- Act as a role model and encourage professional behavior and honesty
- Works side-by-side with other developers in an emerging agile environment
- Help and work with other developers to adapt to working within strictly time-boxed iterations with adaptive, business-driven planning and disciplined iteration and release cadence
- Commits time and energy to establish and maintain a productive coaching relationship
- Is passionate about delivering business value
- Flexible and pragmatic when evaluating best practices
- Focuses on the success of others, an attitude of service without expecting recompense
- Promotes collaboration in challenging executive and team circumstances
- Encourages creativity, guiding and coaching people in a non-controlling manner
- Views conflict resolution as learning (not negotiation) to enhance the skill set of practices and principles
- Facilitate discussions between the team and business about the tradeoffs and impacts of technical decisions
- Facilitate discussions between the team and architecture about strategic versus tactical technical decisions
- Coach and mentor team members, specifically around the development of technical skills and practices
- Align day to day work back to business value
- Translate software craftsmanship principles and practices into repeatable behavior for developers
- Identify and remove roadblocks
- Articulate the value of software craftsmanship practices
- Drive accountability
Get Jobs Like This By Email
Email This Job To A Friend