Located in Ahmedabad, India, the Director, Engineering WiFi Access and Security will drive existing WiFi business and lead the organizations entry into the explosive cloud managed WiFi space. You will partner with product management to create a business strategy, leverage your network to build an amazing WiFi engineering team (thirty over the next year, growing to at least fifty) and create and maintain a strong technical vision for our WiFi product line. Working with our world class channel team, you’ll design and promote the product. This highly entrepreneurial role in this very hot space means that you and your team consistently deliver a strong pipeline of innovation.
- Work with product management to create a business strategy for our wireless product line that results in a compelling product roadmap and an acceleration of our WiFi access point business.
- Build a world class WiFi engineering team. Ensure they follow engineering best practices and processes.
- Produce world class WiFi products with market leading features and meaningful market differentiation.
- Create and maintain a strong technical vision for our WiFi product line and ensure a strong pipeline of new innovation.
- Build and motivate a world class engineering team.
- Deliver the vision while achieving the aggressive product design and launch roadmap.
- Build strong partnerships at company, specifically with our channel and product management teams.
- Use your organizational skills to create a productive workflow the larger team can understand and follow efficiently.
- Experience in WiFi access point firmware and management software required.
- Overall 15+ years software engineering experience with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the WiFi space and 4 years managing a large team.
- Cloud experience is needed.
- Security industry experience strongly preferred but not required.
- Agile experience desired.