- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering or related technology – advanced degree preferred.
- Hands-on experience of software development in an Embedded Linux environment and providing technical leadership of software teams.
- A minimum of 8-10 years of relevant experience in the telecommunications and/or networking industry preferred.
- Strong communication skills including technical documentation, written reports and proposals, development and delivery of presentations and the ability to listen to and communicate effectively with customers and vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to lead both on- and off-shore teams effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, yet cooperatively in a dynamic, matrixed environment.
- Strong experience and skill in Object Oriented Design and Implementation.
- Strong experience in Embedded Linux environments.
- Strong programming and debugging skills using either Java, C, C++, or Python.
- Polyglot programming experience is preferred.
- Experience with creating and validating user interfaces
- Strong knowledge of IP networking protocols and technologies
- Experience with database and web technologies.
- Virtualization and containerization (VirtualBox, Docker, KVM) experience and Microservice architecture and event-driven system design experience would be a big plus
- Experience in Agile software development (story & sprint)
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Test Automation methodology
- Knowledge of Service Measurements and Software System Performance would be a plus
- Experience with modern build environments such as Jenkins and Spinnaker would be a plus.
- Experience with releasing products to FAA-regulated market would be a plus