Direct the Research and Development (R&D) program, from new product proposal to commercialization.
• Drive accountability, consistency, quality, and process standardization across all phases of research and development.
• In accordance with company objectives develop and monitor research plans and budgets for R&D projects, ensuring projects are completed on time and within cost objectives.
• Ensures research and development activities will maintain an organization's competitive position and profitability.
• Consults with top management and research and development team and makes recommendations based on research findings and product performance.
• Interact with Lines of Business in team approach to translate company strategic vision into successful R&D products crossing multiple Lines of Business within company.
• Develop business plan and budget required to execute an annual and multi-year R&D plan.
• Develop and monitor metrics as required to manage R&D function.
• Promote a productive R&D culture that is motivated and accountable having a customer focus on innovation, quality, and improving the user experience.
• Explore new scientific technologies and approaches, and determine their applicability, while keeping abreast of competitive products and technology advances
▪ BE/BTech Metallurgy from a Premier Institute
▪ 20+ years experience
ME/MTech with PhD preferred
Experience working in manufacturing/metal industry or organizations with an agile culture
• Professional attitude and service orientation; superb team player
Decent communication and collaboration skills and a strong work ethic
• Ability to work at an abstract level and gain consensus
Able to build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a comfortable & effective workplace
• Brings a high-energy and passionate outlook to the role and has strong sense of ownership