About the role:
The Distribution Specialist is responsible for playing a key role in defining and driving highly complex, cross-functional features for Games which improve distribution.
The daily responsibilities include:
- Leading overall Games Distribution Strategy for better penetration into new and existing markets in order to outperform competitor reach
- Technically programme manage multiple projects to improve and enhance games
- Responsible for commercial CDN (Content Delivery Networks) usage
- Leading ‘do it yourself’ CDN projects through the use of 3rd party providers
- Vetting all potential 3rd party providers and oversee the management of these providers and projects
- Tracking, evaluating and reporting on usage and progress of CDNs overall
- Using technical knowledge and expertise to create and develop new initiatives around better distribution of content through features and tools, and rollout new solutions across Games
- Researching and keeping up to date with relevant market trends, and educate internal and external stakeholders on these trends
The ideal candidate will:
- Adapt to change, is open to new ideas and willing to take on new responsibilities.
- Handle pressure and can effectively adjusts plans to meet changing needs/ demands.
- Change his/her interpersonal style and approach based on the circumstance.
- Adapt behavior to maintain cooperative relationships with others.
- Make confident, timely, fact-based, decisions drawing on a broad range of resources. Is definitive and acts on decisions with a sense of calculated risk-taking.
- Be an honest and dependable team player who contributes to group collaboration and consensual decision making
- Set challenging and productive goals whilst being accountable for own actions
- Share information. Listens and involves others.
- Identify key issues and relationships relevant to achieving the long-range goals or vision of the organization
- Value the difference that each individual contributes and connects own role to overall organizational and team success
- Generate new ideas, challenges the status quo, takes risks, supports change, encourages innovation, and solves problems creatively.
To apply you will need:
- 8+ years’ relevant experience working in Digital Content Distribution
- Understanding of various Software Methodologies
- Technical Programme Manager Skills
- Experience in developing strategies around Digital Content Distribution
- Must have a proven track record in terms of managing change and adapting to challenges.
- Postgraduate relevant degree (preferred)
- Ability to develop strategic relationships which will contribute to the success of the Distribution Strategy
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.