Our client is a leading manufacturer of automated testing instruments for manufacturing industry. For its HQ based in Ireland, we are seeking a Senior Automation Engineer, willing to relocate to Ireland.
Reporting directly to Engineering Manager, the purpose of this role is to provide Automation Support in the form of Software design and commissioning as well as general Engineering support in the form of problem-solving with respect to equipment failure or process improvement. The role will support operational activities in order to effectively meet the needs of an expanding, rapidly changing and competitive market.
The successful candidate will be expected to project manage multiple machine installations interfaced to customers production lines, provide remote technical support to existing installations, develop new products and enhancement of existing ones.
The successful candidate must have 5+ years’ experience in Automation Engineering.
· A third level degree qualification (preferably in Automation Engineering) with at least 5-10 years’ experience in an engineering role with exposure to numerous fields of engineering.
· 5+ years’ experience with software development, exposure to Allen-Bradley, Epson Robot’s.
· 3+ years’ experience with SCADA software development.
· Familiarity with the Wonderware INSQL Data historian and experience with SQL software development.
· Experience with Visual Basic (VBA or VB.Net).
· Very strong Microsoft Application capabilities (especially data analysis and presentation using MS Excel)
· Good knowledge of English
· Be self-motivated, creative and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and build networks at all levels and across internal and external cross-functional teams.
· Highly organized with a strong forward planning skill set and ability to be reactive when required.
· Be highly analytical with effective planning, organizational, presentation and strategic skills to perform in a demanding environment.
· Be an effective communicator with the capability to establish a strong collaborative way of working across the business to generate winning solutions.
If you think you match the criteria and you are open to evaluating relocation to Ireland, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org