· To plan, update, organize and carry out the internal controls function including the preparation of an audit manual, audit plan, scheduling and assigning work and estimating resource needs.
· Ensure the implementation of internal control systems by carrying out the regular audits to verify whether departments follow the established policies and procedures.
· Conduct risk assessment of departments / functional areas in accordance with timelines.
· Conduct audit testing of potential risk areas and identify reportable issues
· To conduct any reviews or tasks requested by Management
· Actively participates in the development of Internal Control policies ensuring that they are relevant to the company operating environment.
· Develop and implement appropriate operating procedures to ensure compliance with local laws.
· Ensure compliance with existing company financial policies and procedures, identifying & proposing modifications as needed.
· Monitor and provide advice to management to minimize risk resulting from poor internal controls.
· Identify areas of financial and administrative strengths and weaknesses and develop best practices.
· Identify the shortcomings and weaknesses and to recommend suitable changes to the management.
· Review the responses to internal and external audit management letter queries to ensure that recommendations are implemented; follow-up on audit action plan to ensure that all action items are resolved before the next annual audit.
· Provide management with periodic reports on compliance.
· Provide training to staff to ensure that they have an intricate understanding of all the internal control guidelines and standards.