IT Support Specialist
As part of the International IT Team, the candidate will have a role in all major IT Network and System functions including escalated help-desk support, life-cycle IT project management, and IT-related end-user training. This position works as a part of a team to provide a variety of essential IT-related services to a worldwide corporate user community. Based Bologna.
- Researches technologies and solutions to complex problems
- Develops procedures that document complex technical tasks
- Creates best practices for recurring tasks
- Provides quality oversight to other help-desk team members to ensure that standard operating procedures are observed
- Provides assistance and/or guidance to more junior team members
- Life-cycle IT Project Management (i.e., system requirements definition, analysis, design, procurement/development, deployment, upgrade, and replacement)
- Utilizes available personnel and/or contractor (consulting) services to deploy IT solutions throughout the organization
- Investigates new or emerging technologies to determine feasibility and applicability
- Works under general supervision to complete technical assignments relating to Server installation, configuration, training, troubleshooting, upgrade and repair and uses both verbal instructions and written procedures to complete tasks effectively
- Documents PC, Server, Router and Firewall configurations, procedures, updates hardware and software inventories, and assist in the configuration control of the PC build area
- Provides support during PC hardware and software deployment projects
- Monitors and supports systems that protect Information Security, such as VPNs, Backups, FTP, Virus Control, Patches, etc.
- Supports special IT-related projects and performs other duties as assigned
Background / Experience:
- Ideally degree educated in a technical discipline
- MCP or MCSE certifications are advantageous
- 4 – 5 years’ experience in IT working in a technical role in an enterprise helpdesk support environment.
- 4 – 5 years experience in a Lead IT role, System Administrator or Network Administrator. Experience working in a datacenter and cloud environment is a plus.
- Must have hands on experience Windows 7, Windows Server 2003-2012, Windows Server 2012, Office 2010-2013, Active Directory Administration, Group Policy’s, Microsoft Exchange 2007-2010, SQL Server 2008-2012, Microsoft IIS administration, Network/Systems Security, VMware ESXi, Network and System Monitoring, Symantec Endpoint Protection, Symantec Backup Exec 2010-2012.
- Knowledge of Cisco IOS, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, WINS, TCP/IP, routing, switching and VLANs is a plus
- Knowledge of git, subversion or another software version control system.
- Experience supporting mobile platforms (iOS, Android, Windows 8)
- Scripting is a plus
- International experience and solid skills in voice telecommunication including Cisco VOIP are a plus.
- Linux Administration and knowledge of CAD packages is a plus.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Very good written and spoken English is necessary as there are frequent contacts with HQ in USA, international training and some travel. Part of the recruitment process will be carried out in English.
Permanent employment contract. Salary range Euro 30k – 35k gross per year.
Interested candidates should apply with a CV in English.