Antal International è una multinazionale dell’headhunting con più di 130 uffici in 35 paesi.
Operations Division è un team specializzato in profili con background ingegneristico in ambito produzione, SCM, Research and Development, costruzioni, qualità, design e tecnico-commerciale.
Multinational chemical company
REGIONAL CATEGORY MANAGER- TORINO
The Regional Packaging Category Manager, will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing the European sourcing & packaging category as well as day to day management of the regional packaging suppliers. This aim of the Global packaging strategy is to meet (PLI) customer’s needs through the leveraging of scale, and the provision of greater value in cost, speed to market, innovation, delivery, responsiveness and quality of services offered. There is potential for this role to evolve into a global category lead role in the future. This role will identify and lead cross functional sourcing projects and events within the category in support of both the regional and Global packaging strategy.
- Manage packaging projects within the European region from beginning to end and be responsible for delivery against savings, budgetary and timeline targets. These projects require working across multiple functions and business units.
- Specific projects include supporting the region during the implementation phase of a new global packaging harmonisation roll out. Working closely with key marketing stakeholders to develop transition plans that ensure all measures of performance are achieved while enhancing value delivery
- In support of the above the post holder will play a key role in the development of a sourcing strategies that enable the business to maximise value delivery as we align the supply base
- Negotiate supply contracts and pricing reviews, utilising various face to face, paper based and electronic auction techniques.
- Develop and execute contracts, while both managing and taking a leading role in developing key relationships for strategic suppliers, developing partnering solutions as appropriate.
- Application of strategic sourcing and supplier management processes and procedures within the packaging market sector. Ensure continuous improvement of supplier performance and ensure communication of critical business metrics.
- Work within an extended cross functional regional and Global network to determine and develop packaging project ideas and provide business case evaluation.
- Act as an expert resource and project leader in regional & global packaging projects.
- Apply appropriate project management processes.
- Support all regional plants and the Global Packaging Manager with regard to any quality issues and/or supply constraints.
- Develop cost reduction project portfolio
- Provide price forecast for key raw materials.
- Lead procurement change processes within the Regional Packaging Category.
These include but are not limited to
- Management of high number of SKU’s
- SKU complexity
- Diverse Stakeholders with occasional competing objectives
- Candidate will be required to challenge status quo and champion new ways of working.
Communication and Working Relationship (Internal/External):
External - Suppliers, Customers. Outside agencies and consultancy teams
Internal - Group & Regional Supply Chain functions, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Operations
Qualifications & Education:
- Bachelor's degree (Poly technical, Business or related disciplines); Master or MBA desirable
- Relevant advanced degree or training / certificate in procurement preferred
- MCIPS Qualification highly desirable
- A good command of business English in both speaking and writing.
- Candidate must have at least 5+ years’ experience in a comparable role and must be capable of delivering commercial, compliant and pragmatic sourcing strategies
- Demonstrated ability to develop sourcing strategies
- Manage, coach and train the direct reports within the category team
- Actively participate in the further development of the PLI Global Packaging organisation
- Demonstrated skill to lead a category team
- In-depth understanding/practical experience of packaging within a manufacturing/plant environment, demonstrable understanding of packaging technologies, suppliers and raw materials ideally gained from within a sizeable FMCG or Oil company.
- Demonstrated track record of success in managing complex, cross-functional activities and in identifying cost reduction opportunities in this category
- Excellent interpersonal, business acumen, communication, organisational and presentation skills
- Ability to make decisions with limited knowledge or guidance
- Ability to initiate, align and prioritise tasks to support strategic objectives
- Great negotiation skills
- Both analytical skills and strategic insight
- Strong sense of accountability
- Excellent written, verbal communication and project management skills
- High proficiency in MS Office applications and affinity with SAP
- Fluency in English; oral and written, additional European languages would be advantageous.
- Willing to travel (about 25% of time)
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
RIF: REGIONAL CATEGORY MANAGER - TORINO