The Strategic Account Manager is part of the country / cluster ICS & Digital Health organization. Job holder is responsible for developing long-term relationships with account senior leaders at a local level (Hospital, group of Hospitals, buying groups). These relationships will be based upon delivery of projects that connect advanced healthcare solutions with outcomes that optimise value to all stakeholders.
Job holder will be responsible for creating the opportunity within the strategic accounts, developing the shared plan for change and delivering service and quality improvement using established project management techniques. This will also include supporting strategic accounts to make the economic case for change.
Internally, the job holder will be an expert resource, with a wide range of contacts across senior management in every account. He/She will be able to support colleagues to access these contacts and can use the network to identify new business opportunities for Baxter. Job holder will also work closely with account managers and support the development of market access-related competencies in their roles.
The position reports to the Country/Cluster Head Integrated Care Solutions & Digital Health.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Develops LT partnerships with ‘account’ senior leaders, manages the map of decision makers in hospitals, buying groups, payers at local level.
- Develops wide range of contacts across senior leadership in strategic accounts, facilitates introductions for the BU’s.
- Develops access to key internal and external stakeholders who are committed to innovation and care pathway development and leverages the relationship to ensure Baxter’s involvement in major projects with commercial interest.
- Identifies customer needs and market trends through relationships with key customers.
- Together with each BU agrees on opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of care where Baxter has expertise.
- Turns opportunities into measurable action/project plans, determines the KPI’s together with BU.
- Per ‘Value’ initiative, prepares/aligns with the BU’s the value proposition, stakeholder mapping, pricing policy and profitability analysis in view of tender participation/contract negotiation.
- Shapes the tender strategy for critical accounts, follows up on strategy efficiency compared to competition.
- Establishes Trusted Partnerships & Risk Sharing projects with the Platinum Accounts.
- Develops and implements the plans of change and service delivery improvement.
- Leads ‘virtual’ teams for first class implementation and coordinates joint efforts.
- Lead on the delivery of budget impact models and real-world data to highlight areas for efficiency gain for key external customers.
- Maintains pan-Baxter account plan for selected ‘Platinum’ accounts.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Has minimally 5 years of experience in business planning / market analysis, setting up value propositions based on Market Access principles
- Senior Sales experience (account level)
- National / regional tendering & procurement process experience
- Ideally Product Mgt / brand mgt experience
- Business proficiency in English, other European languages are an asset
- Financial & Business Acumen
- Ability to swiftly understand logistics, pricing, customer service and supply chain processes and objectives
- Project management skills
- Ability to lead complex negotiations
- Disruptive thinker, looking for Value Creation
- Ability to influence without ‘authority’ to achieve goals
- Over time, develops solid knowledge of the broad Baxter products & services portfolio and concepts, « what we are good at », quickly grasps the VOC and combines both insights to identify new opportunities