For a cluster of luxury hotels in Sardinia, we are looking for a
Director of Marketing
The Director of Marketing is responsible for the planning, direction, control, and coordination of all communication activities, with an emphasis on public relations. Promotes and maintains good communications in order to enhance the prestigious image of the hotels and by doing so contributes to the revenues of the hotels.
- Develops an annual communications plan with specific goals and budgets as outlined in the hotel's marketing plan/communications manual. Prepares working plans to achieve goals and ensures the communications team is fully briefed on goals and progress.
- Works with the DOSM and advertising agency in the planning of all mailing activities, advertising campaigns' creative and media plans and oversees their execution.
- Ensures that the corporate ID manual is kept up-to-date and implemented as appropriate.
- Prepares on a timely basis the monthly sales & marketing “communications” report.
- Supervises and directs photography for advertising, collateral and public relations purposes in liaison with the DOSM, the advertising agency and the field marketing department at corporate office.
- Supervises operations of the in-house art department.
- Monitors activities of competitor hotels and trends within the industry.
- Applies a strategic vision in promoting the hotels using both the company distribution channels and third parties channels.
- Coordinates two direct reports (a Digital Marketing Manager & PR Coordinator and a Social Media Executive)
- Manages communications with the company PR Hub and international PR agencies and verifies the correct implementation of the strategy.
- Acts as official spokesperson for the hotel when appropriate and responds to all media requests within 24 hours.
- Compiles and maintains a comprehensive list of media contacts and manages them as per the media account management system.
- Prepares press releases for appropriate targeted media, locally, regionally and internationally.
- Works closely with the corporate and international press offices on developing story angles.
- Secures opportunities, directs and attends hotel sponsored events, and develops targeted partner relationships.
- Creates and organizes press promotional activities.
- Participates in the press events/trips organized by the regional PR offices as required.
- Conducts press blitzes when appropriate.
- Maintains budget control.
- Background in luxury hospitality or luxury goods companies.
- 3 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hospitality Management or related major.
- Fluency in English and Italian languages
Location: Porto Cervo, Sardinia (IT)