For a prestigious luxury 5* hotels cluster in Sardinia, we are looking for a
Assists in leading the property’s food and beverage/culinary operation, including Restaurants/Bars, Room Service, and Banquets/Catering, where applicable. Position oversees the development and implementation of departmental strategies and ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives. The position ensures the food and beverage/culinary operation meets the brand’s target customer needs, ensures employee satisfaction, focuses on growing revenues and maximizes the financial performance of the department. Delivers products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer and property employees and provides a return on investment.
Developing and Executing Food and Beverage Strategy and Goals
• Works with direct reports to develop and implement promotions, food and wine pairings, menu items and presentations.
• Develops a food and beverage operating strategy that is aligned with the brand’s business strategy and leads its execution.
Leading Food and Beverage Teams
• Ensures that regular, on-going communication occurs in all areas of food and beverage (e.g., pre-meal briefings, staff meetings, culinary team).
• Works with direct reports to review business in house and potential business in surrounding area and troubleshoot potential challenges/conflicts.
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service and operational needs are met.
• Sets expectations and holds food and beverage leadership team accountable for demonstrating desired service behaviors.
• Provides feedback to employees based on observation of service behaviors.
• Estimate food, liquor, wine, and other beverage consumption in order to anticipate amounts to be purchased or requisitioned.
• Order and purchase equipment and supplies.
Maximizing Food and Beverage Revenue
• Reviews financial reports and statements to determine how Food and Beverage is performing against budget.
• Ensures cash control and liquor control policies are in place in food & beverage areas and followed by all related employees.
• Encourages calculated risk-taking to generate incremental revenue and deliver Savvy Service.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Creates an atmosphere in all food and beverage areas that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
• Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
• Strives to improve service performance.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
• Conducts annual performance appraisals with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
• Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures.
• Hires food & beverage leadership team members who demonstrate strong functional expertise, creativity and entrepreneurial leadership to meet the business needs of the operation.
• Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds staff accountable for successful performance.
• Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Ensures employees receive on-going training to understand guest expectations.
• Minimum of 5 years experience leading complex F&B operations in Italy or abroad
• Previous work experience in an international hotel chain or in a fine dining restaurants company
• Excellent knowledge of English and Italian languages, both oral and written
• The knowledge of other languages is considered a plus.
• Proficiency with Opera Sales & Catering, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
Location: Porto Cervo, Sardinia (Italy)