The role manages a team of Account Managers / Reps within the HP Business Unit for a specific geographical area (Center – South Italy) in order to achieve sustainable sales growth with existing customers and generate new business in line with agreed business objectives. Contributes to the definition and implementation of the sales strategy while maintaining and developing relations with Opinion Leaders, regional Stakeholders and local Healthcare Authorities and driving the team towards success.
- Assist in developing and sharing the strategic direction of the business
- Prepare, implement and review sales operating plans which identify likely revenue and number growth in accordance with the Business Unit plans
- Achieve all sales, financial and customer targets in line with the business and personal objectives while managing the team of Account Managers / Reps on a daily basis
- Coach, develop, motivate, support and lead the team of Account Managers / Reps while acting as a role model and supporting company values
- Lead and manage the account planning process for own area of responsibility
- Build long-term relationships with existing and new customers while keeping them fully informed about Baxter products & therapies
- Ensure customer needs are wholly met guaranteeing customer satisfaction
- Own customer issues and ensure all parties and team members are kept informed of relevant information, in order to enhance customer loyalty and revenue generation
- Maintain and develop relations with Opinion Leaders and local Healthcare Authorities in order to promote potential evolutions of the law and regulations and to obtain first-hand crucial information
- Capture and maintain relevant sales and customer data as well as competitors’ initiatives
- Provide input into budgetary and planning processes and monitor performance against budget, taking appropriate action to address any variances
- Co-operate closely with the other relevant Company Functions (Marketing, Customer Service, etc.) in order to reach full customer satisfaction & the set targets.
- University Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Regional Sales Manager
- Strong scientific background.
- Passion and skills for coaching and development
- Focus on execution as a strategy
- Ability to understand and adapt to market dynamics to forecast effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral, as well as negotiation and presentation skills.
- Strong business acumen and knowledge of sales and tenders’ processes as well as strong leadership and decision-making abilities.
- Travel requirement at minimum 70%.
- Languages: excellent mother tongue and good level of English.
- PC skills: Word, Excel, Outlook , PowerPoint.
- Financial responsibility: Achievement of revenue and profit targets, control of relevant budgets.
- Preferred regions of residence: Lazio or Campania