Category Manager (m/f)
For our global client, a leading producer of specialty chemicals, we are looking for a Category Manager Raw Materials. Your main responsibility will be to purchase a spectrum of Raw Materials for the company´s EMEA production sites.
Objectives in your job are:
· Conducting a specified portfolio of Raw
· Based on consumer needs, formulating the
· Performing market analyses and opportunity-
For all suppliers in the category you will operate as account manager and contact partner concerning those raw materials for the regional businesses. Furthermore the Category Manager reports to the Global Procurement Director.
The role’s key accountabilities will primarily involve:
· Enhance the total operating costs &
participate in projects to improve work
· Follow market trends and differentiate
developments of potential importance in regard
to Raw Materials spend.
· Category Management; Describe category and
supply market, identify potential strategies,
negotiate business & conduct contracts
· Benchmark & analyse market dynamics
· Improve the observance to policy, model and
Essentially for this role:
• Equal functional experience (Purchase/
Procurement, Supply Chain Manager, Senior Buyer)
& category experience 3-7 years
• Relevant Master/ Bachelor degree; (commercial/
• Additional Procurement, purchasing certificates
• Experience of category strategy development
• Enthusiastic to achieve changes in an
• Identifying leverage opportunities in the
• Project management & people management skills
• ERP/Microsoft Office skills
• English language and an additional foreign
language, both oral and written
The position is located in the south-west of The Netherlands.