This position is based in The Netherlands. International candidates from the EU are invited to apply. Relocation support will be provided.
Our client is a successful leading global producer of performance coating resins. Powder coatings, water borne as well as solvent borne coatings profit from the improved specifications from including raw materials from this producer.
An innovative and entrepreneurial working environment in a multinational specialty chemicals manufacturer.
This well established company is experiencing a steady growth, both autonomously as well as through international acquisitions.
This is an entry level position for a candidate with ambitions to become a Principal Chemist. Therefore we are focusing on candidates with a PhD level, whether through experience or through education.
For the global R&D organization based in the South of The Netherlands we are currently recruiting a Senior Chemist. A high potential PhD graduate with an excellent understanding of coating resin synthesis and/or formulation. After the company and product specific knowledge is acquired, the incumbent will have the opportunity to grow to a Principal Chemist position.
The Senior Chemist will be developing new products (resins and additives) for the international performance coatings industry. New chemical concepts will be developed in close cooperation with an academic innovation R&D organization.
- You are an expert in polymer chemistry or similar
- You are experienced in managing complex R&D projects
- You have (functional) leadership experience, whether in an academic or industrial R&D environment
- You are an excellent communicator in English
- You have a helicopter view and are able to recognize factors and/or issues that are connected the product
- You naturally identify developments with strategic potency
- PhD in chemistry (coatings related)
- Several years of industrial or academic R&D experience
- Inventive, Innovative, Progressive
- An interdisciplinary perspective on the product
- You are stimulated by cross-dsiciplinary cooperation and synergy
- You are able to motivate others
- You actively keep yourself up-to-date on industry-specific scientific developments.
- You actively read open scientific literature as well as patent literature
A multinational and international business environment that supports communication, commitment as well as personal and professional growth. You will have the opportunity to make a difference on a global level by developing new products as well as chemical concepts.
Additionally, our client offers an attractive package, from a salary as well as from a benefits perspective.
Relocation support is a possibility.
For more information or in order to apply, please contact:
Chemicals & Life Sciences Division
Antal International BV
Tel: +31 20 751 6100
Mob: +31 6 33 730 513
Singel 540, 1017AZ Amsterdam