My client, a global player in the manufacturing of coated paper for flexible packaging and labels, are looking to recruit a Technical Manager at their site in Italy. Due to their diverse range of products, they serve a number of industries such as food, beverage, consumer packaging goods, entertainment to name but a few. They are looking to recruit an exceptional Technical Manager to be responsible for the successful execution of all technical projects on site and to ensure the companies continuous drive towards the highest levels of customer satisfaction through top quality products and service levels.
They are looking for a hands-on professional who enjoys leading a Quality Assurance team, solving technical problems in a proactive manner and improving the production process, working in a manufacturing company. This role reports directly to the Site Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Process improvements, determines & coordinates for improvement projects.
- Oversees the Quality Assurance team, responsible but not limited to issuing & updating Quality System related documents, managing Improvement Plans for Quality System, coordinates training for the Quality Control team.
- Manages & coordinates with audit plans and the quality audits.
- Handles claims and non-compliance (internal, from clients or to suppliers), with the collaboration of the different Company functions.
- Approve the closure of non-compliance.
- Manage the corrective and preventive actions, with the collaboration of the different company functions, included the check of the final effectiveness.
- Apply the statistical techniques of competence.
- Prepare specific reports to the Management review, reports to the General Direction for any need of resources.
- BS or MS degree Chemical Engineering
- 5-10 years of experience in the Management of Quality and Process System, experience in coating/ paper/ packaging industry preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills at all levels;
- Results-oriented and eagers to learn new methods and technologies
- Good competency in English
- This position would require the successful incumbent to travel for approximately 20% on the time.