Job Title: Chief Information Officer-UEMOA Africa Region
Client: Banking Institution
Location: Cote D'voire / Benin
Salary: Excellent / Competitive Package
About The Role:
The Chief information officer (UEMOA Africa Region Africa)is responsible for;
- Aligning the regional IT objectives and programs to the company’s objectives and strategies while coordinating Information Technology and Information Systems across the region.
- all technology solution delivery (Internal/vendor/off-the-shelf solutions) and enhancements across the region.
- Managing internal and external application development & deployment in line with best practices.
1. Technical Excellence
Possess a good knowledge of design patterns, solution/service oriented architecture, API management and micro-services architecture.
- Frameworks, languages and environments:
- Possesses a good knowledge of diverse development domains - languages, frameworks (ORM, Entity, Hibernate), utilities, development environments.
- Possess a good knowledge of Continuous integration and Continuous deployment
- Good knowledge of solution risk assessment, security considerations, authentication and authorization best practices.
- Good knowledge of agile development best practises
- Good knowledge of project management, work breakdown structure, execution, reporting and project governance.
- Develops, recommends and implements long-term and short-term technology plans, budgets and programs that support and align with the strategic objectives of the region and the goals of the business lines, while maximizing the mix of in-house versus outsourced solutions and vendors
2. People Management
- Drive interview and selection process and recommend suitably qualified candidates for consideration and final appointment by the authorised official
- Drive good work culture, team responsiveness and healthy work balance
- Facilitate team education & knowledge transfer by training and knowledge sharing session
- Build team structure to aid a systematic relief process and business continuity.
- Imbibe emotional intelligence skills and adequately apply where necessary
3. Manage Development Process
- Develop and implement IT standards and procedures to aid in the development of high quality software
- Ensure that all members within the region understand and follow existing IT standards.
- Must be ontop of technology stack and learn the latest developments and techniques, as well as broader industry-wide trends
- Drive and sponsor innovation in the team work
- Build team spirit and desire to experiment and try new things and unconventional solutions.
- Build creative solutions adopting cutting edge technologies. Must be forward thinking and daring
5. Support Troubleshooting efforts in production systems
- Manage and drive third-level support within country teams
- Provide support to third parties on solution on boarding and management
Qualifications and Experience
- First degree in Computer science or Engineering or other related fields
- Masters’ Degree or IT professional qualification will be an advantage
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience, out of which 5 years must have been spent in a managerial role
- Work related experience must consist of operations and information systems management experience in the financial services industry
- Banking products/services
- Object-oriented programming languages e.g. Java, .NET etc.
- Technologies that can drive banking operations
- Finacle Technologies
- Experience in designing and building scalable and robust solutions in large web application deployments