Our client a leader in the UMA space is looking for a client accountant to join to their finance team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic team.
- Process underwriting results per client onto the general ledger including premium, reinsurance premium, claims, recoveries, commissions and fees.
- Process reserves per client onto the general ledger i.e. outstanding claims, Incurred but Not Reported (“IBNR”), unearned premium reserve as well as corresponding reinsurance portions.
- Process income tax per client onto the general ledger.
- Process cashbook transactions and any other required journal entries per client onto the general ledger.
- Prepare Balance Sheet reconciliations per client.
- Prepare client financial statements and client policy statements and any other financial reports as required.
- Collection of premium and reinsurance debtors.
- Pay reinsurers and submit reinsurance bordereaux.
- Pay administrators and other creditors associated with the client portfolio.
- Respond to client queries and attend client meetings when required.
Competencies, Knowledge and Skills
- Gathering and handling of information.
- Deadline driven and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Energetic and resilient.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding and ability to apply knowledge of accounting, income tax and Value Added Tax (“VAT”)
- VAT with insurance accounting being an advantage
- Accounting degree or similar.
- Work experience in an equivalent accounting role.
- Insurance industry experience.